• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

TD5 piston different??

Bareld

In Third Gear
Hello friends,
Could you please help a Dutch Disco owner?

Because of a crack in one of my TD5 pistons i bought a new one to fit.

Now i just found that the piston is slightly different. The dimension are the same and the weight is the same but the combustion chamber is slightly off centre in the new one. In the old one its exact in the middle

Are there different TD5 pistons available? What about fitting another type?

Original piston nr. ERR 7179
My new one nr. LFL000450

Thanks for helping me out

Hi Bareld. I have just picked this thread up as I have a question about piston part numbers. I bought new pistons LFL105300 to replace damaged ones in my 2004 TD5 Discovery II. However when the original pistons were removed the part number was LFL000450. I have made searches for LFL000450 and it's as though they do not exist. Where did you get you replacement pistons?

Thanks,

Ray

Here are the pistons from Microcat (October 2006 edition)

Part numbers in italics are no longer serviced, but you may find old new stock out there.

Peter

Attachments

• Disco2TD5Pistons..jpg
    Disco2TD5Pistons..jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 217
Thanks for the info. Are there any differences when they supercede a part number or is it so slight it makes no odds?

Normally the new part number would replace the old part with no problems unless there were other matters involved, such as a different con-rod or something like that, in which case it would be flagged up on the parts list.

Peter

hello

i have similar problem

i have a defender 2000 td5 my old pistons says LFL000470 i order pistons in allmakes4x4 and the new pistons have the bowl offset, the weird thing is that the pistons from allmake4x4 does not have part number and the box has a number LFL500040 which is correct for my engine (that are supposed for eu2 non offset bowl) but when you remove the sticker from the box you see another part number which is LFL500030 which is for eu3.

somebody?

Its too much work to get it wrong in building a TD5 engine,for this reason I relyed upon the expertise of Turner engineering to supply most of the parts to build mine.Frida and Richard Turner are very helpful and 100% realistic about them as an engine...

Back
Top Bottom