• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now
  • Hi Guest,

We restrict posting in the sales areas to members who have made more than 10 posts and been registered here for more than 10 days, this is to help reduce the amount of scammers and fraudsters who may join up for that purpose.

Once you meet the requirements you will be given the ability to post in here.

Tebay southbound and northbound M6 Cumbria

charliedenny

Extreme Landy Fan
had do a run south last friday stopped at Tebay for breakfast,
fast service, good food (and lots of it) clean facilities!!

then coming north we hit the northbound service area at lunch time even though there were 2 buses and lots of cars it was not too crowded, I had the beef and ale pie and mmm was it good, again fast service good food and clean. friendly staff as well.:)

normally I make a point of timing the journey from braemar to stop at Carlisle Tecso (second turn off) but because I left Bigger at 7 it was easier to go further south.

Tebay services is NOT one of the big firms that have monopolised the motorway stops (& ruined them!) but it's a family business that prides itself on good food at a resonable price, mostly made from local produce whenever possible.

Best motorway services in Britain. Magwr (M4 just west of the Severn Crossing) runs them a close second - if you stay away from Burger King.

I'd have to agree that it is a very pleasant service area. I had family who lived in Dumfriesshire so a journey up and down the M6 used to be a regular occurrence. The Lancaster services with that horrible tower don't come close.

Tebay (Northbound) for me too. Drive from Wiltshire to Isle of Skye. Leave Wilts 0500 arrive Tebay for breakfast. Great food.

We used to stop in there regularly when on bikes. Cold days they always used to give us big mugs of tea and coffee instead of just cups. And, the hand dryers were great for warming your gloves up!

We always stop there when going through. Not as often nowadays, not been to englandshire for a couple years now.

)Me and the BBO used to stop at Tebay on are trips up to Scotland,only problem ,he hates water,being in or on it (probably why he,s grubby all the time !), He sat down in the cafe ,overlooking the duck pond,very windy day and the waves where lapping and less than 30 seconds later he turned green and had to move seats. Only person i know who can suffer seasickness in a motorway services, 1596 m above sea level !!

Same company has Cairn Lodge on the M74, Gloucester Services on the M5 and the Rheged visitors centre/services near Penrith. Can't fault the food in both the cafe and shop.

Back
Top Bottom