• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Trackers

toppa

Posting Guru
Does anyone have one fitted? Do you think they are worth it?

I know my truck is old and probly worth nowt, but it is mine and I love it, so was thinking about a tracker in case the worst happens, may give me a fighting chance of seeing it again..

Cheers

Personally, I'd never have one. First off, in a Landie it would be all too easy to find it, so it would become worthless. But my main reason, the same reason I didn't have one fitted to my normal car (a '56 plate Audi A3), is because if someone steals it, I don't think it would ever 'feel the same', so I'd rather see it go and get the insurance money for it. If you've got a sentimental attachment to it then I guess your opinion would be different, but at the moment thats my feeling. I'll try and stop then pinching it in the first place, but once its gone, I'd rather never see it again.

Does anyone have one fitted? Do you think they are worth it?

I know my truck is old and probly worth nowt, but it is mine and I love it, so was thinking about a tracker in case the worst happens, may give me a fighting chance of seeing it again..

Cheers

Someone did a thread on here which suggested buying a cheap mobile phone and subscribing to a phone locator service which was designed to allow you to keep track of a child. By locating his/her mobile the idea is that you keep it charged up and hide it in the truck somewhere. then if it gets stolen you activate the tracking service. Much cheaper than tracker as well.

Back
Top Bottom