• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Typical!!

Alane

Big Landy Fan
I actually had someone ring me this morning thats interested in buying the J**P. She wants to come round on tuesday.
Now though:
The MOT runs out in Feb,
I still need to get the CAT replaced,
J**P main stealer disconnected the dash display that tells me of any faults. It now tells me that I need a service by bleeping 10 seconds after starting the car. I had the service but can't reset the panel.
They didn't disconnect the sounder!!!
1 x sidelight is out

And it's filthy!!

Effin' typical, nothing for months, now this. lol

ROTFL!! (no really) and who said wit was dead!!:D

I might try knocking her down to about........oh I dunno..... £20

Have you got a Landy lined up to take the place. Not that you should be getting your hopes up of course!

I've had about 10 lined up!!!! lol

Trouble is it's taken so long to sell some other ****** keeps buyin' them.:D
Fingers & toes crossed this time though

I assume you'll be ok about dropping the price a tad to ensure a sale.. just don't look too eager & a little bit of flirting might help so long as you don't dribble.
Can you make sure your son is clinging to your side when she arrives, it'll help to cover-up the desperate look or at least give it a different reason for being there. :)

I assume you'll be ok about dropping the price a tad to ensure a sale.. just don't look too eager & a little bit of flirting might help so long as you don't dribble.
Can you make sure your son is clinging to your side when she arrives, it'll help to cover-up the desperate look or at least give it a different reason for being there. :)

You are a swift and dangerous lady Alice :D - you ought to be a Celeb BB psycologist.

You coming up to the smoke for a drink this evening?

Roger.

I spoke to her this morning and said I'd be prepared to drop the price due to the bits and pieces that need doing to it.

Oh yes, I'll have baby under 1 arm & laundry under the other with my best struggling to cope face on, lol

It's probably not wise listening to anything I say. Chances are she's an 'out door' sort of Gal that can't stand little people & will run a mile if she thinks the vehicle has a hint of baby strands left behind.

Oh... just read your post. Even more likely for me to be wrong 1st time if she's willing to fix bits herself.

You coming up to the smoke for a drink this evening?

Roger.
Alas no Roger. If a museum trip is arranged sometime during a school hols when other halves & smaller accessories can tag along & spread out I might be able to talk myself into venturing out. But left to my own devices in a pub is probably not a good idea :eek:

Speaking of having my eye on something, this is one of the ones I've been watching.
Is it worth the price, it looks in great nick:

132,505 miles, 12 Seater County. Refurbished with full respray in original Eastnor Green and Limestone.Fully serviced. Good chassis and bulk excellent engine and gearbox drives extremly well. Four nearly new tyres. New clutch. Plus other new parts. Galvanized roof rack and ladder. Height adjustable tow hitch. MOT October 2007. Looks better than the photo's. Have a look at my website www.landrover-roy.co.uk. £4,495. ovno

Attachments

• media1.jpg
    media1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 44
  • media2.jpg
    media2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 37
  • media3.jpg
    media3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 44
Id be careful of that one as well....sorry! but I can see two very big patches on the rear cross member. It looks good on the face of it though. the interior is gleaming BUT...take it for a drive.and still have a good poke at it! even more so since it's had a full respray. there could be filler in all the ususal places... take a magnet with you when you check the corners of the bulkhead;) if it's all good you'll have found a smart one :)

Too expensive . I wouldn't pay £4500 for a 18-19 year old truck .
An extra 2 k will put you in Td5 hardtop 90 world . Probably not what you are after but the price comparison is the point here .

I know it's not wise to fall for the 'happy families/enthusiasts' blurb & a shiney paint job isn't meant to sway you past the intergrety of the vehicle... but I rather go for something Alane has shown than a TD5.
I'd want it for 3 tho though :) but I s'pose it's got a nicer paint job than mine.

Back
Top Bottom