• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now
  • Hi Guest,

We restrict posting in the sales areas to members who have made more than 10 posts and been registered here for more than 10 days, this is to help reduce the amount of scammers and fraudsters who may join up for that purpose.

Once you meet the requirements you will be given the ability to post in here.

Ultimate Range Rover

helimadken

Shifting Up
Anyone buy anything from this site - https://post.ultimaterangerover.com/

I was after a set of clear indicator side repeaters and this site had them at a good price so I ordered on 25th March. To date they havent showed up so I started doing a bit of digging and I must say I am annoyed with myself as I think this could be a scam site and I have fallen for it.

Apart from the item not turning up my first sign of an issue was a bounce back from the email communication reply to address [email protected]. When I checked the domain name doesnt exist. The site domain is in existence of course so I tried [email protected] and this did work but I dont get any response to my emails. There are no other methods of communication with the company on their website which is also a sign.

They claim to use Paypal for payment but checking my Paypal account there is no record of the transaction even though my credit card prefaces the sale as 'PayPal Ultimate' which of course doesn't mean a thing.

They also claim to use Royal Mail for delivery but I think this is just a rouse to make you feel comfortable with the sale.

Lastly the site has certificate issues (didn't notice at the time which annoys me) the last certificate running out in February.

The domain has existed since 2013 which would be unusual for a scam site so they could be legitimate of course but I certainly wont use them again. I have issued a section 75 to try and get my money back, changed passwords on Paypal and taken precautions with my credit card. It does occur to me that as they seem to pander to only the newer models of range rover this would be a good way of building up a database of where they can be found, just with the recent spate of thefts in mind.

Just thought I would share my experience.

No reviews on Trustpilot but this one is OK;

The trouble is, even if a website is genuine and the business seems legit, they can still be run by a bunch of idiots or incompetents...

Back
Top Bottom