• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Under bonnet rain channel

Has anyone extended / modified their rain channels to divert water away from the ever vulnerable footwells? I saw (somewhere on social media) a post where some clever soul had used a dishwasher drain hose to do just that but wondering if there's a more period looking solution out there?

I used some butyl strip to extend mine, but also sealed the seam (gap?) between the wing and bulkhead as plenty of water finds its way down that way.

Check out this thread for water ingress info;

I might not be thinking of the right gutter, but this is what I have under the back edge of the bonnet to take the water just that little bit further out over the arches rather than down through the engine bay. Its just a bit of Alu shaped and screwed on with sealant filling the gap. Same both sides, just needs painting.

P_20240420_143354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom