• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

voltage regulator on a diesel??

lampyrover31

Overdrive!
Ola,
Having taken the gauges(Right hand Drive 110 units) out of the series 3 i have discovered a lot of really attractive burnt cables where a later loom has been grafted in.
This will al be corrected however on the back of the speedo(right hand side as you look from the top)there was a little metal thing.After reading a different post about an electrical problem the wiring colours seem the same(lght green and Drk Green)is this the voltage regulator?.I didnt think they had them on diesels or have i got my wires crossed Thanks
Lampyrover
PS its a perkins Diesel.

That silver box screwed on the back of the speedo is the voltage regulator. The daak green wire is from the fuse box, the light green goes to the two gauges.

Huge thanks chaps,all that's left is to get rid of the extra wiring and make it all work.it sounds so easy.
Thanks again,there will be more questions I am sure!

As Nick and JP say, some times you will hear it called a Voltage Stabiliser, depends who you talk to, but it's the same thing.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom