• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Water under passenger seat

gwynwill

In Second Gear
Hello folks.
I have a significant amount of water collected under my Freelander 2’s passenger seat (RHD). I dropped the roof lining to see if the sunroof drain pipe had become detached. It was fine and all dry up there.
I suspect it may be entering via the heater ducts under the passenger seat. Does anyone know if this is possible? And how to rectify it please?
(I had a new battery fitted a few weeks ago. Could something have been dislodged maybe?)
Thank you

There are two rubber drain tubes at the base of the HVAC unit. Maybe worth pulling of the console side trim and having a look.
Unless the bulkhead grommet has been dislodged unlikely to be related to battery change.

There are two rubber drain tubes at the base of the HVAC unit. Maybe worth pulling of the console side trim and having a look.
Unless the bulkhead grommet has been dislodged unlikely to be related to battery change.
It is fairly common for the HVAC drain tubes to become blocked and to leak into the foot wells. If you squeeze them to break up whatever is blocking them the water will drain out onto the road as it should.

EDIT: Here is a post I made about the problem in Phoebe

Thank you for your suggestion. I take it the HVAC unit is located beneath the centre console, and so on the passenger side it would be the trim adjacent to a passenger’s right calf extending down to the footwell?
One thing I did notice was that when I turned up the heater and turned the fan speed to full to help dry the carpet, water was spitting from the under seat fanlike heater ducts!
Thanks.

The HVAC is in the centre of the dash', drain tubes run down either side into the floor near the base.
From memory the console trim pulls away, do it carefully to avoid damage.

It's been a while, but you may have to pull the carpet down a little. You will easily spot the tubes though as they are usually black with a white connector where it goes into the floor.

Back
Top Bottom