• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Wayfarer today.

Paul Humphreys

Extreme Landy Fan
Well today we; Hoodoo (John), Foxdog01 (Garry), Kayakingsimba (Steve) and myself, John and myself are CRAG members and Garry and Steve are members of the local club The Muddy Millers. Went up the Wayfarer to repair the part of the Sleeper section. The sleepers had given away and it had formed a hole. We removed all the sleepers from the hole and placed some of them long ways in the hole and then replaced the top layer. We used 16mm steel spikes to hold some of the sleepers down. It all took about 2 hours to do.The repair looks like it will last another 20 years.

Paul

Wayfarer03.jpg

Wayfarer04.jpg

Wayfarer05.jpg

Wayfarer06.jpg

Wayfarer07.jpg

Wayfarer08.jpg

Wayfarer09.jpg

Wayfarer10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
good job lads did any one passing offer to help ie. bobble hat brigade.

hope there was a good supply of CRAG fly'rs to hand

OT: pda

paul went to halfrauds got one of those pda satnav jobbies. its navman pin 570. not a bad bit of kit maping software not to clear but will suffix untill it get something else. the spare slider will be here mon. its single pin type.

I've 2 thoughts...

1. In light of other recent threads will the CRAG Press Officer be issuing a press release to LRO? I hope so as it would be nice to see this positive work in print.

2. Did the CRAG Press Officer have any time to help with the dirty work whilst taking such fine photos:D :D

Thanks for the comments fellas, it was cold up there and wet and very muddy (over the wellies deep in that hole:eek: ). But your right Dave with like minded people, teamwork and 24 inch spikes courtersy of John it just shows what can be achevied in a relatively short space of time. At least that section should be useable for years now if looked after:rolleyes: .
One other group did arrive when we had about 30 mins work left to do but decided to turn back to Llanarmon rather than help!!!!!
met a few people after all done and they all interested in the Crag leaflets of Paul.

I've 2 thoughts...
1. In light of other recent threads will the CRAG Press Officer be issuing a press release to LRO? I hope so as it would be nice to see this positive work in print.

Tes and its on the LRO forum;)

2. Did the CRAG Press Officer have any time to help with the dirty work whilst taking such fine photos:D :D

Yes as I drilled lots of holes and even got to use my chainsaw:eek: I did get dirty as well:p .

Paul

OT: pda

paul went to halfrauds got one of those pda satnav jobbies. its navman pin 570. not a bad bit of kit maping software not to clear but will suffix untill it get something else. the spare slider will be here mon. its single pin type.

I will bring the laptop and some bits to the next meet and we can try them. Dose it take SD cards?

Paul

I would just like to point out that after reading what was said about CRAG and me on the GLASS forum. This repair was done at short notice 10 days from when I was asked if I could help to getting it done.

It was not done for the GLORY as it was put on the GLASS forum the GLASS rep. for North Wales Dave Wright knew we were going to do it and has had an invite to join me to look as projects that CRAG are planning this year.

If anyone wants to lend a hand then they are most welcome to join me, it dose not matter if they are members of CRAG, GLASS, TUC or not members of anyone/anything, everyone is welcome.

IT IS ALL DONE TO KEEP THE ROW OPEN FOR ALL USERS.

Paul

I would just like to point out that after reading what was said about CRAG and me on the GLASS forum. This repair was done at short notice 10 days from when I was asked if I could help to getting it done.

It was not done for the GLORY as it was put on the GLASS forum the GLASS rep. for North Wales Dave Wright knew we were going to do it and has had an invite to join me to look as projects that CRAG are planning this year.

If anyone wants to lend a hand then they are most welcome to join me, it dose not matter if they are members of CRAG, GLASS, TUC or not members of anyone/anything, everyone is welcome.

IT IS ALL DONE TO KEEP THE ROW OPEN FOR ALL USERS.

Paul
Paul you can always call on me as i think the work you and others do is very worth while for everone. Pitty some commercial outfits dont do the same.

Good work all :) :) , please give me a shout if you are planning to do other work like this as i would be glad to help. Pheasent steps??

Russ and I drove over you handy work first thing this morning prior to doing the route down through the ceriog forest to Pandy and then up the V gully. I had warned Russ that the only tricky bit would be the sleepers to find that it was in first class condition :D We both chickened out of the Corwen carwash, water nearly up to the gate and flowing at a fare old pace :eek: had visions of having to open the doors to stop us floating down stream :)

Having negotiated the tricky bit on the V gullyI tried to emulate Foxdog further up the lane only for the tree i feel on to bounce me back onto 4 wheels :rolleyes:

http://www.gwoa.co.uk/uploads/forums/vgully.jpg

Well done !

If you want any more help please ask or keep us updated

Noticed you got on the GLASS forum, the club I am a member of has assocaited GLASS membership, but many ordinary club members are unable to get into the GLASS forum plus the Wayfinder site.

I know several ex members of GLASS who have had full membership and all claim to have had similar problems assessing the web site

Good work all :) :) , please give me a shout if you are planning to do other work like this as i would be glad to help. Pheasent steps??

Russ and I drove over you handy work first thing this morning prior to doing the route down through the ceriog forest to Pandy and then up the V gully. I had warned Russ that the only tricky bit would be the sleepers to find that it was in first class condition :D We both chickened out of the Corwen carwash, water nearly up to the gate and flowing at a fare old pace :eek: had visions of having to open the doors to stop us floating down stream :)

Having negotiated the tricky bit on the V gullyI tried to emulate Foxdog further up the lane only for the tree i feel on to bounce me back onto 4 wheels :rolleyes:

http://www.gwoa.co.uk/uploads/forums/vgully.jpg

did you have any damage to the g wagon ?

Back
Top Bottom