• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What Battery??

garymac

In Third Gear
Have a Disco s2 TD5 Auto. The battery on the vehicle is cabbaged and I need to replace it. Porblem is the book states 110amp but almost everywhere I ring says between 72 and 85. Only one has said 110amp

Please help

The recommended battery for a Disco TD5 is a 664, which as you say is 110a (heavy duty). It's available online from Batman UK - very fast service and good batteries, I have used them. Or Google 664 battery andyou will find other sources.

The 072 battery is the standard one for earlier Defenders and Discos, but is not as powerful as the 664

The recommended battery for a Disco TD5 is a 664, which as you say is 110a (heavy duty). It's available online from Batman UK - very fast service and good batteries, I have used them. Or Google 664 battery andyou will find other sources.

The 072 battery is the standard one for earlier Defenders and Discos, but is not as powerful as the 664

Great thanks. That is what we thought but the accessory shops would not distinguish between a TDi and TD5

Cheers

Fitting a higher amp hour battery depends a lot as to whether you have air conditioning fitted or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom