• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Click Here

What did you do to your Series today?

Can’t recommend enough getting a high torque starter - changed the Landy from a whir whir whir whir start, maybe, to a on the button start every time.
I've been drooling over those but they're not cheap. I know it's the right thing to do but... I guess I'm just going to have to grit my teeth and hit that "Buy it now" button.

get the council bureaucrats to supply a definition of how their rules are supposed to apply.
Went to a London Energy recycling centre yesterday, and asked for the bar to be lifted. At the same time I showed the letter from LE head office confirming car status.

No trouble getting in, and interesting that the LE office had been unsure, as they had sent my email to all the recycling centres asking for their opinion on status.

'Oh, yes' he said, 'I remember your email', and told me the reason for the rear seat definition: a lot of small-scale builders remove rear seats in MPVs & estates to get rid of commercial waste without paying.

As the LR had 'seats' at the side in line with the direction of travel it could be used to carry a significant volume of waste, which the system might deem to be commercial use.

We agreed that a person using a modern vehicle with conventional seats might follow the rules, but would be obliged make multiple journeys to dispose of the same volume of waste, using more fuel and increasing environmental damage.

Took Meg the Landy out for a spin only for the wipers to stop working a mile away during the rain, got home and had a fiddle and found a blown passenger side front light- changed that and nothing but saw the fuse was blown, changed that and hey presto wipers worked but noticed loose fuse holder which I’ve rectified now. Now need another spare fuse. Also changed screws on dash so they all match- it’s the little things. Oh and squeezed on a new gaiter on the handbrake. Busy day!
IMG_8353.jpeg
IMG_8345.jpeg
IMG_8346.jpeg
IMG_8349.jpeg

Took Meg the Landy out for a spin only for the wipers to stop working a mile away during the rain, got home and had a fiddle and found a blown passenger side front light- changed that and nothing but saw the fuse was blown, changed that and hey presto wipers worked but noticed loose fuse holder which I’ve rectified now. Now need another spare fuse. Also changed screws on dash so they all match- it’s the little things. Oh and squeezed on a new gaiter on the handbrake. Busy day!View attachment 521809View attachment 521810View attachment 521811View attachment 521812
I hate to be the one to tell you, but your handbrake gaiter is inside out. The bellows go on the inside of the seat box 🙂

Kind of irrelevant though I guess, if it's a Britpart one, you'll be replacing it soon anyway, they really don't last long.

Got to love a proper metal dash though. I miss that on mine, it being a S3 it's plastic .

The plastic dash has never offended me? The gauge cluster is fine, and I dislike having them anywhere other than straddling the steering wheel so although the earlier steel ones look good, they're in the wrong place!

I'd say the plastic steering column surround is the worst, just because it's flimsy and just gets in the way trying to hide everything.

it's a Britpart one, you'll be replacing it soon anyway, they really don't last long.
Is that moulding joint cracking already? Having experienced (briefly, as they all split asap) the cheap sort put on by the PO, I can recommend you buy a Charlesworth or genuine LR; they're made properly (the LR may be supplied by Charlesworth) and mine have been on 2 years without trouble. Yes, you can buy a one for £3.25, but truly, it's a waste of money.

Is that moulding joint cracking already? Having experienced (briefly, as they all split asap) the cheap sort put on by the PO, I can recommend you buy a Charlesworth or genuine LR; they're made properly (the LR may be supplied by Charlesworth) and mine have been on 2 years without trouble. Yes, you can buy a one for £3.25, but truly, it's a waste of money.
One of these days I'll get round to making a leather one....

Looks like e old diff has been in the sh1t though....🤣
Sandy that’s been in my workshop for bloody years bust sat in an old green tray.
Am sure that one’s shit the ashcroft lockers in it.
The rear is 24 spline he’s going to fix that on this weekend then have the front one done as well. That be around 3k on diff and lockers.

The new Diffs are supplied by Nigel barker at megasquirt v8 but also owns 4xcess 4x4

Last edited:
I got my locally souced via m/place 'as new' rear door on yesterday, the old one was repairable but the frame needed a fair bit of welding and this one was at a very good price, i will be fitting a middle hinge to carry a spare wheel
it went straight on without a hitch which i think is a first for me on this old 109, it has rained everyday here for 3 weeks so having to plan work that can be done when damp,

Attachments

• 20240216_094029.jpg
    20240216_094029.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom