• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What is this warning light?

spandit

Trekker
Looks like a level sensor within a gear - I'm guessing gearbox fluid level (because I'm a genius) but which one? Is it normal to come on during start up?

My car isn't turning over at all, but this light comes on when I hold the key in the start position - never noticed it before as it's always started before...

It's gearbox oil temperature, and will come on if the gearbox oil gets too hot, eg under heavy load, towing on a hot day etc. Handbook says if it comes on you need to reduce speed, then if it stays on, stop until the box has cooled down.

Probably meant to come on at start-up to let you know that it's working.

Ah, not so much of a genius then!!

Doesn't look like it's really connected with my starting problem - don't think the 200tdi is intelligent enough to prevent me from cranking...

So where on the gearbox would the sensor be mounted and does anybody have a part number for this sensor?

Thanks
CB

I thought that light was for autos only... I seem to remember when I drove a 200TDi Defender, it flickered when you were starting, maybe due to lack of power?
I'm pretty sure its only for autos in Range Rovers anyway (same symbol)

The sensor is near the oil cooler, in the pipe that takes the oil from the transmission to the cooler.

Sensor AMR4948
Sealing washer 232039

Back
Top Bottom