• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What oil in my transfer box?

mr_s

Shifting Up
I've got a 1986 3.5 V8 EFI Rangie, with the ZF 4 speed autobox in it. What oil should I use in my transfer box when changing it? And what spec ATF in the gearbox (Dexron II?)?

Cheers in advance, Martin

AFAIK EP90 in your trannie box (tis on most Landies/Rangies) and generally ATF is ATF. DexronII is just an equivalent spec. Whenever I buy ATF theres only one choice.

Excellent, thanks muchly!

Would it be the LT230 transfer box on my Rangie? Just so I know for capacitys and suchlike!

Cheers, Martin

AFAIK EP90 in your trannie box .

Errrr, are you quite sure? Just got my first Rangie and done the oils. Being my first, I was carefull to read the manual and according to that, the transfer box uses ATF, not 90's? Also when we dropped the fluid, it LOOKED like ATF, not 90's?
Please tell me I haven't dropped a huge b*llock!:eek:

I *think* it depends on the transfer box - just double checked in my Haynes, and, assuming that mine has the LT230 transfer box (which I think it does), then it should use EP90... Some use ATF, and some 20/50 motor oil by the looks of things!!Cheers, Martin
Errrr, are you quite sure? Just got my first Rangie and done the oils. Being my first, I was carefull to read the manual and according to that, the transfer box uses ATF, not 90's? Also when we dropped the fluid, it LOOKED like ATF, not 90's?
Please tell me I haven't dropped a huge b*llock!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom