• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Wheel arches and dirt d’fenders

Rsgillanders

In Second Gear
I just bought a pair of dirt d’fenders on recommendation from a mate. When I went to fit them today they didn’t come up to the bottom of the arch? Looked at changing the position of the arch but doesn’t look like there is enough play to make it fit. Anyone experienced this as well?

If there not standard arches they don’t fit properly ,look a pigs ear , I had them on standard arches looked good ,did the business , put wider arches on and didn’t fit

That’s incredibly annoying, nothing about that when I bought them. There is an inch gap!
Can you adapt (cut) your arches to get the d'fenders into the correct position and still keep it neat and tidy?
I bought a full set of 6 and then never fitted them - went a different route. If you don't want to cut your arches would this help ..... I filled the gap between the sill and the vehicle body to stop water/debris/mud from being chucked up at the bottom edge of the front doors and accelerating rot in this area. Plus I have a full length tree slider/step to fit which will prevent much of the road debris from getting to the sides of the vehicle. Also got front and rear mud flaps to fit when I get around to it. Hopefully the combination will prevent much of the dirt reaching the sides and doors. Beyond this - I'll give it the occasional wash.

The cost put me off so I cut some old mudflaps to stop mud-splatter

The cost put me off so I cut some old mudflaps to stop mud-splatter

Like that idea 😏

Back
Top Bottom