• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

wheel spacers and boost alloys.. Problem

skotten

Offroader
hi guys, just wanted to make you guys aware of a problem.. I got a set of wheel spacers to push my tyres out a little (read couldnt afford offset rims) and when I tried to put them on my boost alloys, they wont fit.

The problem is that because the studs get offset the cutouts on the rim (for the bolts on the star shaped hub cover) become redundant and the bolts foul on the alloy and it wont go on unless I grind the bolts or grind the alloys : (

They seem to fit perfectly on my mates rrc trispoke alloys fine though.. much to his happyness... Looks like he will be getting a set for christmas then grr

Hi, I run the same combo currently. My 30mm hub centric spacers came with socket bolts (allen head) to replace them and fit with no problems.

I have had the exact same problem with my freestyle rims. "Get some wheel spacers" they say haha

Im just gunna grind my rims a little bit. If you do, make sure you leave the edges that you have grinded rounded to stop any cracks from appearing and make sure you re-balance them

I don't have that issue with my wheel spacers... ;)

Fit with all Land Rover alloys.

And use proper Land Rover nuts! Not a fan of using none standard bolts to hold the wheel or the adaptors to a Land Rover.

Ian

Are those spacers that you have bought or ones that you sell as I am looking for some and was a bit concerned by this potential issue?

Ones I sell.... Have fitted quite a few sets to defenders with boost, deep dish and freestyle alloys without a problem.

Ian

spacer.jpg

hmm wierd, we are talking 30mm spacers here, had they been a bit wider the rim wouldnt have been so close to the hub.. they are genuine boosts, and because there is a two step lip on the lug where the wheel bolt goes its hitting on the hub cover bolts. Even though it looks like it was close on the photo its only because I pushed it on as fas as I could on one side, so the wheel wasnt even close to being straight. I even rotated all the bolts so that they were flat side out : (

Grinding back the alloys around bolt fixings or hub bolts is a bad idea I am guessing ?

View attachment 142427

hmm wierd, we are talking 30mm spacers here, had they been a bit wider the rim wouldnt have been so close to the hub.. they are genuine boosts, and because there is a two step lip on the lug where the wheel bolt goes its hitting on the hub cover bolts. Even though it looks like it was close on the photo its only because I pushed it on as fas as I could on one side, so the wheel wasnt even close to being straight. I even rotated all the bolts so that they were flat side out : (

Grinding back the alloys around bolt fixings or hub bolts is a bad idea I am guessing ?

Skotten,

Yes - 30mm spacers.

Get some more pictures up so we can see what's happening...

At worse I have had to rotate the drive flange bolts so they are all flat side out - but apart from that I have never had any issues when fitting wheel spacers and boost alloys. They can some times be a bit of a tight fit....

Ian

2.jpg4.jpg3.jpg5.jpg1.jpg

yeah mine are super tight, I tried rotating the bolts and all that, they just wont go on : (
If they were thicker they would probably work, but there is just no way that a 30mm spacer will work with my boosts unless I start grinding :(

Here are some pics of how my bolts are etc.... I have tried on a RRC and they fit no problem as the lugs dont extend so far into the center of the wheel

ok so general concensus seems to be that I am not the only one having the problem and the only solution is to grind the rims : (

Just fitted new tyres, not really itching on grinding around the bolt holes and then having to rebalance again... shame..... Guess someone I know will be getting an expensive chrimbo pressie haha, he should be chuffed!

ok so general concensus seems to be that I am not the only one having the problem and the only solution is to grind the rims : (

Just fitted new tyres, not really itching on grinding around the bolt holes and then having to rebalance again... shame..... Guess someone I know will be getting an expensive chrimbo pressie haha, he should be chuffed!

Hello. Just wondering how this worked out for everyone? I have the same dilemma now on my classic. Debating grinding the flange on the hub ir the new alloy rims.
Cheers.
Anthill

I have adapters on mine to run disco and rangy wheels, but mine push the rims that far out I don't have this problem. Glad I've read this though as I was thinking about some 30 mm ones for my landy wheels.

Back
Top Bottom