• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Which radiator? Disco 200Tdi / Defender 200Tdi

Wild Rover

Overdrive!
Further to my previous thread I have been investigating my options for replacement. Some places recommend replacing with part 'ESR1676' which is listed as fitting defender 200tdi's. Other places offer part 'btp1823s' which apparently fits both the defender 200 tdi and the disco1 200tdi.

IS THIS TRUE that radiators are the same for disco 200 tdi and defender 200tdi. If this is the cased then MM-4X4 are doing a deal at the moment for complete radiator and oil cooler package for about £110. This would suit me down to the ground.

To be precise its a Defender 110 200Tdi '1993' vin from JA919832.

Cheers

I have a '92 200tdi, and my rad was £95 for genuine item. They all have the built in oil cooler. I got it about 2 or 3 months ago, think it was Rimmer Bros.

Alex

Wouldn't of thought so. The disco rad/ intercooler assembly is the same width, but sits higher when you put in in a defender, so I presume the radiator must be slightly taller. And Alex is right, all rads come with a built in oil cooler, or should do!

Cheers, Ben

I found it curious as I looked around, as I found the same thing, a lot of places were selling the btp1823s for both the Defender and Disco, and these do retail around the £100 mark, and are OEM radiators. While some other places are selling the btp1823s as disco only and ESR1676 for defender, with the defender price varying from £300 up to £600 for OEM.

So, you can see based on those prices, it would be either the disco one or a recore, to keep the cost down as low as possible...

Alex, did you get a Disco one or a defender item, and has anyone see the two items side by side to see if there is any difference...

Alex, did you get a Disco one or a defender item, and has anyone see the two items side by side to see if there is any difference...

I went for the btp 1823 and assuming the existing radiator was original (when I got the defender it had 47k on the clock) the two radiators are identical. Here's a pic of the replacement in place.

Attachments

• P1010002 copy.jpg
    P1010002 copy.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 135
Many thanks Wild Rover, I will give it a shot, as it is a cheapest option, (recoring is cheaper until I add in the cost of fuel going to the place and going to get it when finished...)

Back
Top Bottom