• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who comes first in your life?

• Total voters

Hubber

Extreme Landy Fan

Your family

Your friends

Your girlfriend/boyfriend

Your pet...

Yourself

Your Landrover

Other

My husband and my family come first. I am lucky though to have a very calm, rational and considerate husband and we work together a a team. I'm not a very materialistic person - I never have been - and although I haven't got a landy now it's not the end of the world to me. I still have an interest in landy's but I am working on something else at the mo.

I have something more precious in my life, faith, health and family. We have a roof over our heads and food on the table and are reasonably healthy. My friends respect the fact that we are extremely busy as a family unit with work, school and college but we make time for them too and enjoy their company.

It's all about being rational - I can understand that if you are someone who hasn't got (or doesn't want) the responsibilities of a family and time on your hands then the landy can easily become the sole focus and purpose in your life but for me there are a lot more important things in life.

Gaynor

I'm stuck here. :confused: What does family mean? Is it the wider family ie parents, siblings, aunties, uncles, cousins etc, or is it a wife/husband/partner plus children? Does a couple (married or otherwise) without children constitute a family?

I put my wife (aka my partner) first. :) She is more than a girlfriend, but I don't consider her to be my family although I am aware some social definitions would describe her as such. I do not put my blood relations first, and do not want to tick family as that to me implies their inclusion - they are well down the list after my dog, my Land Rover, my chickens, my pushbikes and various others. If my parents-in-law were still here they would be pretty high up the list. Adrian

Ashamed to say it.... but as my little saying goes.............

........You can assault the wife,
burgle the house,
or kidnap the kids
BUT..... If you mess with my dog, i will kill you!

I'm stuck here. :confused: What does family mean? Is it the wider family ie parents, siblings, aunties, uncles, cousins etc, or is it a wife/husband/partner plus children? Does a couple (married or otherwise) without children constitute a family?

I put my wife (aka my partner) first. :) She is more than a girlfriend, but I don't consider her to be my family although I am aware some social definitions would describe her as such. I do not put my blood relations first, and do not want to tick family as that to me implies their inclusion - they are well down the list after my dog, my Land Rover, my chickens, my pushbikes and various others. If my parents-in-law were still here they would be pretty high up the list. Adrian

For me my family include my husband, my children, Steve's daughter and husband to be, grandchildren (the youngest is in my avatar), my mother, Steve's dad and his wife and my brother. Not necessarily in that order - they have different needs at different times.

Gaynor

Last edited by a moderator:
Family....by which I mean my wife and son.........in fact, I think it's quite sad that anyone would need to think about this one......I mean, I have a gorgeous dog, a few nice motors to play with, but neither of these are even in the same league as my family and I would give them all up in a heartbeat for the sake of my family.....wouldn't everyone

Your family

Your friends

Your girlfriend/boyfriend

Your pet...

Yourself

Your Landrover

Other

Dear me Mark, did you realise you missed out Beer:D

but neither of these are even in the same league as my family and I would give them all up in a heartbeat for the sake of my family.....wouldn't everyone

I would hope so, so long as they were in real need and not just scrounging and whinging about nothing:(

cheers, Tim

Well Tim, I voted for family, but friends would also come before my land rover and other personal pessesions.. Again if they were in real need etc.. and its only a few of my friends, not everyone I say hello to in the pub :)

My close family and my Tim, by close family I mean my mum, Tim's parent's, Nathan and Tim's children, Tim's sister and her family. I have siblings who I don't see and don't communicate with on a regular basis, but if harm came their way I would be there for them.

cheers,Ali;)

I would have taken for granted that our families come first. I'm pretty solitary and have a tiny family. We're not particularly family orientated, and I never intend on having children myself so the family line is likely to stop with me. But I would do anything for my family without hesitation - it's just what you do.

I do have a core group of friends who I trust, and who I would do anything for if they needed it, but it takes me ages to get comfortable enough round someone to trust them, so I've had this same core group for friends for years. And they are more imprtant to me than I'd ever let on.

After that, I suppose it's my Land Rover. Pets are horrible, women eventually become horrible when they realise they're not as important as the Land Rover, and I'd put anyone else before myself. It's the way I'm programmed.

Back
Top Bottom