• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

6bt powered 110

Wow, what an awesome build! Great stuff. The 6BT is known for its big grunting torque - how do you think your drivetrain is going to like being pinched between it and a set of knobby 37's? 😁
Keep the news coming please!

Wow, what an awesome build! Great stuff. The 6BT is known for its big grunting torque - how do you think your drivetrain is going to like being pinched between it and a set of knobby 37's? 😁
Keep the news coming please!
Gentle away is the order, 2nd gear starts and no hammering it. Eventually I’ll update the running gear but it’s useable as is!

It appears I skipped over the box mods, so the transfer box is now running a custom 0.9:1 ratio from ashcrofts, which give the lower revving Cummins something to bite into and should make cruising at 65-70 easier on the old girl!

The front diff is actually a short nose puma rear 4 pin, which lost the argument with my lathe and should give me a much stronger center. Rear axles a standard salisbury, it won’t get any mods unless a locker turns up, however I have converted it from drums to disks as I despise faffing with drums!

I would like a locker in the front axle but one will have to wander past my nose pretty cheap!

It appears I skipped over the box mods, so the transfer box is now running a custom 0.9:1 ratio from ashcrofts, which give the lower revving Cummins something to bite into and should make cruising at 65-70 easier on the old girl!

The front diff is actually a short nose puma rear 4 pin, which lost the argument with my lathe and should give me a much stronger center. Rear axles a standard salisbury, it won’t get any mods unless a locker turns up, however I have converted it from drums to disks as I despise faffing with drums!

I would like a locker in the front axle but one will have to wander past my nose pretty cheap!
I can see it now: badass Cummins Defender on 37's passing me on the freeway with ease pulling a triple-axle with an excavator on the deck. How awesome is that! 😄

Little more progress today, I have a roo bar!
4B51E587-BE77-4E4E-99E9-6FD1E304B7D3.jpeg

Thats looking good.
Are you leaving those upright sections as they are..? I'm wondering what plod will make of the potential for removing pedestrians or cyclists organs with the sharp edges..?
Im sure you have that covered...

Back
Top Bottom