• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

auto conversion inhibitor switch

If you are unsure I think I found some wiring info for this on ashcrofts sits under FAQ's - I think it also depends on what shifter you are using and if you have an ECU or not for the auto box.

I removed the black earth terminal (86) from the starter relay socket and wired that through the inhibitor switch. Black orange and black yellow if I recall correctly were the inhibitor switch, the connector is a rists 5 pin easily found on ebay or many auto electrics suppliers. The switch itself is mega dollars so don't burn it out. I found mine was dead so had to use my old one, so don't have a spare anymore.

i was thinking of running two wires from the switch on the gearbox up to the starter relay. taking the earth wire off the relay connecting the one wire to the relay and one to the earth wire for the relay. so the basic idea is the inhibitor switch switches the earth wire for the starter relay.

I switched the earth to the starter relay with the two wires from the inhibitor switch.it works as it should.i pulled the original earth out of the relay connector connected one wire to that then put a barbed spade terminal on the other wire and pushed it into the relay connector.

Back
Top Bottom