• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Defender 90 Rear Spring Recommendations?

Have a look at these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419-212634_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419-212634_Gallery.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 14
Some good info here;

My mate has them on his and if he's not got a load on or a trailer they are hard to point if your down a lane or bad road, I suppose accounts for most roads these days after a while they do become, I'm not going to say uncomfortable but you know your in it, if that makes sense

You need to decide what kind of load you will be carrying.
Soft springs will compress too much so you are riding on the bump stops.
HD springs will work nicely if carrying heavy loads, but will be hard enough to rattle your teeth loose if unloaded.

If someone is running the Britpart HD ones and says they are great, that wont necessarily mean that they are good for you.

My recommendation is tri-rated springs (assuming you can find some) for general purpose use, but only you can decide what purpose you are using the vehicle for and how much you usually carry in it.

The link I posted earlier contains several links to work out what spring rates you need.

As Mike says above , you need to think about what you are going to land the vehicle with and also the amount of time the load will be in the vehicle ! no point in going for HD springs if you only load up once or twice a year ! my experience with the 90 was medium springs all round was still a very hard ride until loaded with camp gear passengers, dog etc ..etc.. you could end up with a very hard ride with HD springs !

The shocks make a difference too,I fitted 4 way adjustable terrafirma on mine. Definitely noticeable between settings,more comfortable than my old knackered ones.

Back
Top Bottom