• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Retro fitting anti roll bars to a 200 TDi

Northyboy

Shifting Up
Has anyone ever fitted anti roll bars to a 90 200 Tdi ? I have an opertunity to buy a set cheap so i'm just seeing if i can fit them without to much hastle. TIA

Nope but I cant imagine it would be too difficult. I fitted front ARB to the 110 which was missing the brackets etc but found them online. Attached the chassis brackets with rivnuts but you could weld.
I bought some bolt-on brackets for the axle.
I would have thought the rear ones could be similarly fitted.
I suppose it depends on how much fettling you are willing to do…
Can post links later if interested…

I fitted the front brackets to my 110 chassis when I rebuilt it, took the off my donor disco, my front axle housing came from the Disco so had the brackets on it. I welded them on, they can have a lot of load and you wouldn't want them giving way.

Nope but I cant imagine it would be too difficult. I fitted front ARB to the 110 which was missing the brackets etc but found them online. Attached the chassis brackets with rivnuts but you could weld.
I bought some bolt-on brackets for the axle.
I would have thought the rear ones could be similarly fitted.
I suppose it depends on how much fettling you are willing to do…
Can post links later if interested…
That would be great thanks

That would be great thanks
Heres the thread where I fitted the front ARB with a few pics;

The brackets were on the rear of my 110, so I simply replaced the old rusty ARB with a nice powder coated one that I picked up from a Td5.

I see that YRM now do all the mounting brackets for fitting ARB;

I had no brackets on the chassis or the axle so I use these brackets from extreme4x4 (mainly to avoid welding!).
I had some doubts whether the rivnuts would hold up, but they have survived very well and no signs of movement.

And I used some brackets very similar to the YRM ones (from another supplier that I cant remember) to bolt to the front axle (they are an extremely fiddly fit to get the bolts in and tightened!).

Last edited:
been reading about Ex Engineering X Deflect Anti Roll bar. looks bulletproof. anyone got any experience
Yup. Have a look at the Miffy Workshop thread. I have had one fitted to Miffy for many many years now. Think there is a dedicated thread for the Deflex too. It really helps keep the old girl (full roll cage etc) upright and being able to release the ARB is fantastic when off road. I have a standard ARB up front and they both give Miffy great cornering and day to day handling.

Yup. Have a look at the Miffy Workshop thread. I have had one fitted to Miffy for many many years now. Think there is a dedicated thread for the Deflex too. It really helps keep the old girl (full roll cage etc) upright and being able to release the ARB is fantastic when off road. I have a standard ARB up front and they both give Miffy great cornering and day to day handling.
How noticeable is it off-road with/out the ARB connected..?

How noticeable is it off-road with/out the ARB connected..?

Depends on the off-road. The X-Deflex dramatically reduces axle travel when locked and provides full range of articulation when un-locked. If locked on pot holed tracks you can feel the Deflex fighting the body roll and creates a jolty ride as it tries to correct the imbalance. Stop and unlock the hub and the ride quality is as good as ever, better than if you have a standard rear LR ARB. On-road it really stiffens up the cornering and handling. The Deflex is the best of both worlds, great on-road and with the ability to disable it off-road. But, you have to manually get out of your seat (shock horror) and turn the locking hub under the rear wheel arch, no flashy press buttons here, good old fashioned physical locking hub.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the consumables used in the Deflex are Defender items, so and oil seals, hub, half shaft, track rod ends and bushes are all interchangeable with generic spares should they be needed.

Back
Top Bottom