• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Td5 oil leak

MRF

Shifting Up
Hi guys,

Currently got an oil leak on the inlet side of my engine:( seems to be spraying all around that side of the engine covering the brake servo etc….. I think it may be oil leaking onto the alternator causing it to spray up. Has anyone had similar experiences and any advice to what it could be ? Cheers

Its fairly common for the fuel pressure regulator to work loose and spray diesel around in increasing quantities till you get the message.
Once its been rattling loose for a bit then its not going to seal well again on the block and you end up needing a new one.
Its located near the front of the engine low down on the intake side

It seems to me like oil, it’s black and doesn’t have a strong diesel smell. I did wash the area but could not see any leaks. Couple days of driving and the oil is back sprayed everywhere. Going to be doing the clutch this weekend so will have a good look. Was just curious on what could be the culprit on that side of the engine

Could be worth checking the breather/hose for any blockage? Hows the crankcase pressure if you take the filler cap off while running?

thanks for the recommendations guys the crank case pressure isn’t excessive at all oil level is spot on. It’s definitely something I shall have to dig deep for not something that seems obvious where it is coming from I shall check the fpr too even tho I don’t believe it to be diesel. Oh the joys haha

Back
Top Bottom