• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

The "normal things going on" thread.

Co co the killer cats latest victim ..a Mole …non eaten .shes had 2 mice this week and some guts we found in the kitchen ..God knows what that was .
IMG_3831.jpeg

Helped my mum put up a new rose arch after the old one broke its back in the strong wind last winter. Just got the work out how to get the plants back up.
Hope the postcrete I used is enough to keep it upright.

Found out the old faithful sack trolley has a flat tyre. Going to have to work out how to get the wheel off and get access to the inner tube. Never fixed a puncture before but I can learn. Any advice is welcome.
Got fed up of fixing the tyres on my sack truck so have ordered solid ones, slightly smaller than the ones on your trolley, trouble is all the tyres and tubes are made in China and you know what their rubber products are like, they only last a couple of years at best.
So I would recommend either solid ones if you can get them or expensive European ones from your local independent tyre fitter.

It looks like the wheels are the same as my sack truck. The shell is in two halves, they are bolted together (usually four bolts). Makes it a lot easier thane levering the tyre off. As already said ITWM I'd fit a new wheeling tyre in one go.
I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure they are solid one piece metal wheels. 🤔
Got fed up of fixing the tyres on my sack truck so have ordered solid ones, slightly smaller than the ones on your trolley, trouble is all the tyres and tubes are made in China and you know what their rubber products are like, they only last a couple of years at best.
So I would recommend either solid ones if you can get them or expensive European ones from your local independent tyre fitter.
I'll have to take a look at what will fit. Will go with whatever is the most sensible option I can find.

I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure they are solid one piece metal wheels. 🤔

I'll have to take a look at what will fit. Will go with whatever is the most sensible option I can find.

For tyres on a sack truck bicycle tyre levers and puncture repair kit should be fine. You can get wheel barrow tyres designed to work without air, they save a lot of bother! David

Went past this place this morning just of the A2 ….nice Toyota Jeep ,Camaro ,Vw camper ,jag ,there was a Triumph Herald in front .several American cars in the workshop being worked on .looked like the rear end of a Dodge on the ramp maybe a Super bee ….wish I could have parked up for a nosey ….amazing what places you find around .
IMG_3837.jpeg

20240502-194130.jpg

I had the Petromax out last night, I'd not been using it as the pump was iffy and it meant you had to go at it like a lunatic just to try and maintain pressure, my mind turned to it recently and ten seconds' work on Google told me to grease the pump leather. Well it worked a treat; unlike other paraffin lamps the Petromax has a blowtorch preheater (ignore the MAPP torch on the table, I couldn't find a lighter), it's absolutely ferocious and needs you to keep the pressure above 1.5 bar to function, with the pump back in full working order this was easily achieved. Far easier than faffing about trying to prime it with meths!

I brought it into the house to show Laura and the dog ran away and hid, personally I like the sound of it as it drowns out my tinnitus 😅

Back
Top Bottom