• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What grinds YOUR gears??

She should have said over the tannoy , anyone who doesn’t disperse will be expelled , simples

Seems that things like this are becoming more and more prelavent in universities , yet if u try to sit down to have an open discussion on different subjects ur either transphobic or raciest

Send all of them for 2 x years national service , they will still have to face tear gas though as whilst wearing there NBC suit , walk round the room, then take ur mask off and state ur name and number 🤣🤣

What no water cannon or baton rounds , things need to change

Remember my post about the guy winning a court case for the health service to 'construct' a vagina for him while retaining his dick?
It gets worse .....
b619a259cb286ff1.jpeg

7e3269295a5e8538.png

You know what - in the winter I feel colder (doesn't make me an Eskimo) and in the summer I feel warmer (doesn't make me a Kalahari Bushman either). It's like a mass insanity has taken over. We really are living in clown world.

It might be contrary to public opinion at the moment but it seems to me that public common sense has _not_ changed significantly.

It is just that nowadays everybody has a public medium (the internet) to broadcast his or her opinion to everybody else. And the way the internet works the more "exotic" the opinion the more reach it gets.

But that doesn't change the fact that the large majority of the population has relativly "standard" and sensible views on life et al. Whenever you look at a smaller group size -- like this forums community for example this becomes more obvious I think.

Anyway, just my 2¢ ...

Git: "Remove your respirator. What's your number, rank, and name?"
Me: Big breath, remove respirator and quickly blurt out, "24690794 Cpl Garrett."
Git: "What was that? I didn't hear you, say again."
Me: "24690794 Cpl Garrett."
Git: "Still didn't quite catch that, again."
Me: Blue in face and no air left in my lungs, breath in a lungful of CS. "246 cough 9 cough cough 07 cough 9 cough splutter 4 C cough pl"
Git: laughs "Get out"
Or a quick squirt of CS inside your respirator
Git "OK you can put it back on now"
Then there was the thing of swapping the canister, take yours off swap it with the bloke immediately to your left and try to get the replacement back on without cross threading it. You fairly quickly come to the conclusion that you are not going to survive in a toxic environment

I wish this reporting of 2nd hand daily mail clickbait stories would stop
It might be contrary to public opinion at the moment but it seems to me that public common sense has _not_ changed significantly.

It is just that nowadays everybody has a public medium (the internet) to broadcast his or her opinion to everybody else. And the way the internet works the more "exotic" the opinion the more reach it gets.

But that doesn't change the fact that the large majority of the population has relativly "standard" and sensible views on life et al. Whenever you look at a smaller group size -- like this forums community for example this becomes more obvious I think.

Anyway, just my 2¢ ...
Certainly not seeking it out and its not clickbait from one source unfortunately - this and similar articles are everywhere.
Both main stream and social media are being used to promote this minority agenda and are attempting to normalise what most people would currently consider to be abnormal behaviour.
@matt48 is correct - the majority of the public are quite 'normal' in their views - at the moment.

Remember my post about the guy winning a court case for the health service to 'construct' a vagina for him while retaining his dick?
It gets worse .....
View attachment 531024

View attachment 531025
You know what - in the winter I feel colder (doesn't make me an Eskimo) and in the summer I feel warmer (doesn't make me a Kalahari Bushman either). It's like a mass insanity has taken over. We really are living in clown world.
it’s all Absoloute bollxcks , do what you want with there body’s,but why tell the world ,no one is intrested only the other complete idiots doing the same , you can change what you want , call yourself what you want ,but at the end of the day if your born a man you die a man ,same for women

Needed to empty the van. Misses offered help before I got home but caveat and setup with the perfect excuse of not feeling very well, oldest and middle kid were asked to help. Oldest said "I can't I'm in the middle of a game" and ignored further requests, middle kid grafted for about an hour which was a huge help to get the van emptied into the living room / shed / hall / front garden. He did so with lots of "is this the last box" or "my legs hurt" or "that's too heavy". Not sure my ladders are straight anymore either never seen a set banged and bashed so many times in such a short timespan (at least he's helping).

Three hours later everything is squared away out of sight. at least 10 trips up to the loft and misses emerges from the bedroom with a scowl and fed up look, then returned to slumber.

Only reason I have the tools and the van is to do well in my job which pays all the household bills and for the misses car. I also use the tools to renovate our house and to aid with property maintenance on my rental flats so the misses doesn't have to work.

It dawned on me tonight the only reason I do all of the above is for the family, its only the middle kid who helps and seems to appreciate the extra commitment I need to make with work and the flats. Makes me wonder what's the point of doing all of this. Am I just a mug? (rhetorical not up to people answering that!).

Grumpy the van is going into the workshop and I'll miss it!

Rubberneckers. "Ooooh look a deer". "Oh look, primroses". "Oh look, rabbits". "Oh look, a river" "Oh look, somebody fishing".

GET. OUT. OF. MY. WAY.

Think they might have been deaf too, and neither their mirrors or signals worked. If they hadn't held me up for an appointment I would have blocked them in an read them the riot act.

Stupidity like this.
I would simply write to the council and say - right - we're not doing it anymore because of this, so YOU can provide the flowers in future and pay someone to water them, and let it be known who stopped it.- Would cost a bit more than the £165 wouldn't it?

Back
Top Bottom