• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who did you see today?

Ive got my Herald stored in the dry (old commercial greenhouse) as the paint was starting to micro-blister due to (I think) being constantly wet. :thumbsdown:

If anyone knows the best way to get rid of these (short of a complete respray) please let me know.

IMG_6946.JPG

Anyway, while I was down there I thought I would take a few pics of some other vehicles being stored

Nice FFR. Looks like its been there a while, but pretty much as released with gun rack etc

IMG_6947.JPG

IMG_6948.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

IMG_6950.JPG

No idea what this is...

IMG_6951.JPG

IMG_6952.JPG

IMG_6953.JPG

IMG_6954.JPG

IMG_6955.JPG

Ive got my Herald stored in the dry (old commercial greenhouse) as the paint was starting to micro-blister due to (I think) being constantly wet. :thumbsdown:

If anyone knows the best way to get rid of these (short of a complete respray) please let me know.

View attachment 530700

Anyway, while I was down there I thought I would take a few pics of some other vehicles being stored

Nice FFR. Looks like its been there a while, but pretty much as released with gun rack etc

View attachment 530701

View attachment 530703

View attachment 530704

View attachment 530705

No idea what this is...

View attachment 530706

View attachment 530708

View attachment 530709

View attachment 530710

View attachment 530711
Love the overland Disco and series ..looks like a barn find judging by the dust 😌 all look rust free .

I think the short answer is a complete respray if the bubbles are everywhere, that is caused by moisture under the paint to begin with, I don't think water can get through dried paint, burst one and check.
I like the Disco with the spots, looks very tidy.

I think the short answer is a complete respray if the bubbles are everywhere, that is caused by moisture under the paint to begin with..
Yes, unfortunately it's often a result of spraying in damp conditions, or without a water trap in the air line.
Can take years to show up, but once it happens one is stuck with it. My TR6 was resprayed by the PO, was fine for years then when I stored it outside for a while it started to blister.

Reading this, it seems there are other potential causes, but damp is the worst. Do your painting in the summer!

Last edited:
Went past a beautiful S1 yesterday in Naphill, Bucks. I think it might possibly have been the one that been up for sale locally, but I can't find the ad any longer. Hope she's gone to a good home!

Yes, unfortunately it's often a result of spraying in damp conditions, or without a water trap in the air line.
Can take years to show up, but once it happens one is stuck with it. My TR6 was resprayed by the PO, was fine for years then when I stored it outside for a while it started to blister.

Reading this, it seems there are other potential causes, but damp is the worst. Do your painting in the summer!
It was professionally restored about 20 years ago. Complete back to metal and then booth-sprayed so I dont think that was the issue.
Its only appeared in the past year or so, as its been parked outside my house with the best cover that I could find (or afford!). No substitute for decent indoor storage it seems!
A bit disappointing...

Back
Top Bottom