• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

1 Rear Brake Light not working

MarkW1508

First Gear
Vehicle Freelander TD4
Year 2004

The driver side brake light has stopped working. Rear light and reverse light work OK but if rear light is on and brakes applied the drivers side rear light goes out.

I checked the bulb holder and it was a bit corroded (the housing has always let water in on this side). Thinking this was the problem I shelled out 65 quid for a replacement rear light housing and fitted it. Problem still there.

So I reckon it is either a corroded connector on the loom (which is not available as a seperate item) or I have a break/short somewhere.

So two questions to you helpful people. Can you get a connector without buying the whole loom?
Is this likely to be the problem or is it likely to be a dodgy wire somewhere, in which case is it any easy job to replace the loom? (I assume it is just the rear bumper loom that will need replacing)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Sounds like a bad earth not being able to handle more than a 5 watt bulb. Rig up a temporary earth from the light unit to body/chassis to check

Back
Top Bottom