• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

300 TDI Max Revs

clivemd

Overdrive!
Hi there
I cant get onto my Rave manual due to using Apple now so cant look up what the Max revs (RPM) is of the Defender 300TDI engine is
Wanting to get a VDO rev counter and you get 4000RPM and 6000RPM 52mm so thinking which would be the better one
Thanks

I would like to fit a rev counter to my 30tdi, is this a difficult job ?

nope, the VDO rev counter is probably the easiest to fit & matches the other 52mm dia gauges quite well.

it needs a signal feed from the alternator W [or static windings] termnal, a 12v feed for the gauge lighting [can be slaved from existing gauge lights] & a good earth connection.

Many thanks, I'll add this to my ever increasing things to do.I seem to have lots of things I want to do, but time is taken on the unexpected items that occur and need doing to keep it on the road !

I would like to fit a rev counter to my 30tdi, is this a difficult job ?
And you'll need a tool (like a photo tachometer) to read the engine RPMs when adjusting the tach reading, as you've got no ignition pulse to read.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom