• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Anyone fancy a meet in Kent this week ?

I'm interested and have the time. Unfortunately, my 90 is off the road at the moment (not in the enjoyable way). The OH doesn't approve, but I've been wondering how capable the Freelander actually is off road. 🤔

The off-road bit isn't compulsory,was just an idea if there's anything nearby. But last 2 times I did the happy valley 4x4,a guy was doing loads of nuts stuff in a Freelander. So they are capable

Are there any active clubs in West Kent? I know about Invicta, but that's a huge and awkward round trip.

Anything near Tunbridge Wells?

Thanks
Hi @nickds1 give it a few more weeks and I would be Up for a meet just need to tax my Land Rover at the end of the month .there are a few around this kent area that would be available I’m sure …do you go laning .

I have a '93 200TDi 90 which is pretty standard, i.e. it's got no extra protection underneath, so nothing too uncomfortable... it's a project (aren't they all?). I have a galvanised chassis, BFG ATs, discs all round, but standard suspension and no rock sliders or diff protection. I know a fair bit about driving on sand in deserts and snow in very very cold temperatures, but not a huge amount about mud!

The car was very unloved when I got it a couple of years ago - mechanically, it's now good and I'm most of the way through sorting the electrics, but cosmetically it's still a pig - that's this year's job. Runs very well though...

I'd love to do a bit of laning - make a change from driving round a muddy farm!

Last edited:
I have a '93 200TDi 90 which is pretty standard, i.e. it's got no extra protection underneath, so nothing too uncomfortable... it's a project (aren't they all?). I have a galvanised chassis, BFG ATs, discs all round, but standard suspension and no rock sliders or diff protection. I know a fair bit about driving on sand in deserts and snow in very very cold temperatures, but not a huge amount about mud!

The car was very unloved when I got it a couple of years ago - mechanically, it's now good and I'm most of the way through sorting the electrics, but cosmetically it's still a pig - that's this year's job. Runs very well though...

I'd love to do a bit of laning - make a change from driving round a muddy farm!
Sound a good un ..There are plenty of standard landys that go laning I think it’s only preference that you upgrade anything ..probably diff guards are a good idea just in case you catch anything but slow driving but progressive is the key I think .and not hammer down and break everything…
Any lanes around your way ..I work from Paddock Wood so not to far from where you are .

Last edited:
I don’t think it is there anymore mate i can’t get into the search because I’m not on F B ..
Hi, @nickds1, like @Paul d my 90 is off the road at the moment. Hoping to get it ready by the end of the month. But you know what it's like, one thing after another.

@Cliff4WD, do you know when that club meets? It looks like the Faceache page hasn't been updated in the past 10 years.

@Cliff4WD, do you know when that club meets? It looks like the Faceache page hasn't been updated in the past 10 years
The FB page is live though not very active. The link I put up was an old one, seems it was re-started https://www.facebook.com/groups/kentlandroverclub
However, the club uses a WhatsApp group to communicate so FB is not used that much. The club is active (I am a member), meets at the Moat public house, Wrotham, Sevenoaks on a date set each month to suit. I haven't been along for some time since I'm still restoring mine and it's a bit of a treck for me.
The club organise regular trips mainly to Salisbury plain, some camp overnight, others join in for a day. Not my thing so I don't join in.

The club is run by Peter King, next meet is Tuesday 23rd at the Moat.

I don’t think it is there anymore mate i can’t get into the search because I’m not on F B ..
Your not missing much.

Sound a good un ..There are plenty of standard landys that go laning I think it’s only preference that you upgrade anything ..probably diff guards are a good idea just in case you catch anything but slow driving but progressive is the key I think .and not hammer down and break everything…
Any lanes around your way ..I work from Paddock Wood so not to far from where you are .

I honestly don't - we're actually near Cranbrook and I really only use the Landy for pottering between here and the farm where I keep my bees - only do about 1,500 miles/pa. The bees are deep in the farm (which is BIG) so I need the Landy, especially when it's wet.

WC150 is near here as are a few others.

I honestly don't - we're actually near Cranbrook and I really only use the Landy for pottering between here and the farm where I keep my bees - only do about 1,500 miles/pa. The bees are deep in the farm (which is BIG) so I need the Landy, especially when it's wet.

WC150 is near here as are a few others.

Well if you fancy give it a few weeks and we can meet up with a couple of others ..

Back
Top Bottom