• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Arizona, Neveda and California Trek

You should come for a visit to Phoenix. I got the Rover and love any excuse to go on a road trip. I believe the non stop flights from Heathrow to Phoenix have resumed since C19. ;)
If I were on my own be great and would do it in a flash but unfortunately not ..🙁 but you never no 🙂..

If I were on my own be great and would do it in a flash but unfortunately not ..🙁 but you never no 🙂..
My door is always open to wayward Britons.

Quick funny story. Back in February of '20 , I was living in NL, I made a trip to the UK for some Landy parts. I bought a Salisbury rear end from a couple in Tamworth, Staffs. I hit it off with them and we chatted for a couple hours about this and that. We stayed in touch. They went to Amsterdam at the end of March '20. The Netherlands and the UK were going into quarentine at the time and they were not sure they would be able to make it from their hotel to Schipol or get back into the UK. They gave me a call and they stayed at my place for a couple days until they got it all sorted.

you never know.

My door is always open to wayward Britons.

Quick funny story. Back in February of '20 , I was living in NL, I made a trip to the UK for some Landy parts. I bought a Salisbury rear end from a couple in Tamworth, Staffs. I hit it off with them and we chatted for a couple hours about this and that. We stayed in touch. They went to Amsterdam at the end of March '20. The Netherlands and the UK were going into quarentine at the time and they were not sure they would be able to make it from their hotel to Schipol or get back into the UK. They gave me a call and they stayed at my place for a couple days until they got it all sorted.

you never know.
Great story .if it ever happens I shall keep you to it thankyou ..how’s the Torino going .

You should come for a visit to Phoenix. I got the Rover and love any excuse to go on a road trip. I believe the non stop flights from Heathrow to Phoenix have resumed since C19. ;)
Than
Vanishing Point! Epic. That would be goodness. I will be doing something similar when I get my '70 Torino SCJ back on the road. Hope to do it spring or fall of next year.

I found your thread regarding your oil leak over on the Series section. Judging from the dash it looks top notch.
Vanishing point exactly, though we only realized that on the trip...

Great story .if it ever happens I shall keep you to it thankyou ..how’s the Torino going .
The Torino made it from Amsterdam unscathed. It didn't get here until late December. I haven't been able to work on it much since December. I am in the middle of a restoration of our MCM house and putting power in my garage to run all my machines. We were supposed to start it a few years ago but the The Netherlands job dropped in our lap and we moved to NL and put the house restoration on hold for a few years.

Here are a few pics a couple of the Torino and a couple of what I'm working on at the moment.

IMG_1221.JPG IMG_1526.JPG
IMG_1978.JPG IMG_1979.JPG IMG_1980.JPG

My wife and I were doing the calendar for the next few months, through the summer, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon trip I mentioned before is on for first or second week of June. Time to dust off all the camping kit.

Than

Vanishing point exactly, though we only realized that on the trip...
Took a peek at your website. Cool to see you are a photographer. My family is into film as well. My wife digs still photography and one of my kids and I really dig motion pictures. I love all things film from the 60's and 70's, Grindhouse, exploitation films etc.. I am getting into 16mm; there are a couple projects I have in mind that envolve film and cars. I'm in the process of collecting all the needed items to shoot and process 16mm film. The look of 16mm is unique and beautiful in my opinon, both color and the b&w stock.

Took a peek at your website. Cool to see you are a photographer. My family is into film as well. My wife digs still photography and one of my kids and I really dig motion pictures. I love all things film from the 60's and 70's, Grindhouse, exploitation films etc.. I am getting into 16mm; there are a couple projects I have in mind that envolve film and cars. I'm in the process of collecting all the needed items to shoot and process 16mm film. The look of 16mm is unique and beautiful in my opinon, both color and the b&w stock.
Yes, I have always used film, had a few spells with digital and do have some lovely digital cameras but my Hasselblad 500CM is my GOTO camera. Thanks for taking a look. Have an exciting weekend planned, have to replace an oil seal on the transfer case…Always something on these old gems.

Back
Top Bottom