• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Bl**dy paddocks

erubus

Land Rover Buddha
Having a right old time with them just now. Have sent two emails since Sunday regarding the missing hub seal and shocking britpart brake cylinder and no reply.

Needed to get new hub seal land and a few other bits and pieces so ordered them yesterday. Need them for the weekend so splashed out (OH's card..... Shhh....) on the express delivery, a bloody tenner. Got a text message today. Stuff won't be delivered until Monday. How the hell is that express delivery? Would have just done the standard delivery but they charge extra for delivering on a Saturday because presumably they are from the 80's.

Not sure that I will be bothering using them again and the simple job looks like it will be running into four weekends now!

Ordered parts, post to Australia.
3 weeks, no parts, usually 10 to 14 days from UK, std postage.
Rang them, parts not sent, postage not paid in order ????
Parts arrived 2 weeks later. Several parts missing.
Definitely not using again.
Whitehillbilly

I've not had a problem with them but perhaps I've been lucky...? They did have a presence here on this forum but I haven't noticed anything from them for ages. Perhaps they got depressed at all the complaints and gave it up as a bad job.

I must admit I have generally not had much of a problem with them before. A few times they have sent the wrong part or parts have been missing from the order but they have usually been fairly quick to send out the correct part after the event.

This has been really annoying though. I have things I need to be getting done with the truck, so i need the hub seals... so much so that I ordered extra to replace the ones that paddocks clearly have no interest in sending out to replace the missing one. No decent company in this day and age should be ignoring emails for 6 days surely?! Its the delivery time that's really annoyed me though. I would have just gone for the standard delivery for half the price if Id known it would take exactly the same length of time!

Delivery, yes, I have been caught with that, seems to be dpd they use, and have paid extra for faster delivery to have the parts turn up a couple of days after an order I placed the day after using the cheapest method.

Saturday delivery I won't pay for, no way a courier is coming here on a Saturday.

I usually get an email saying items despatched, expect a message on the day... Never a message, tracking doesn't work.

To be fair, last time a delivery was late (by nearly a week after the expected promised delivery) they were very helpful and refunded the delivery charge.

Customer service is severely lacking in many companies nowadays. Problem is, folk just keep using the companies regardless. Vote with your feet... But at the end of the day we are solitary customers, and a dozen dissatisfied customers who just leave can be ignored :(.

When these outfits realise that customer satisfaction is important they might find they have a much more loyal customer base.

I used Craddocks a few times during my rebuild. Very nearly every order I had to wait for as they didn't have the items in stock. Common parts too...I had to ask them to post out the parts they did have as I was needing them, so got hit for extra carriage. I won't use them again.

Placed an order with Craddocks a week ago for my new fuel tank. 3-5 days delivery. Still not here. Checked their order tracker last night and it's 'processing'. Will call them this morning. Annoying as I was hoping to get it done on my day off today.

My last Craddocks order was 'processing' two days after it arrived.

Not mine sadly. Just called them. Still in dispatch. They ‘might’ get it out today. And no they can’t put it on a faster delivery even though it’s still with them a week after ordering and paying for it. It ‘should’ arrive next week. Bl@@dy useless. Could have ordered from dozens of other places. Shan’t use them again.

Not mine sadly. Just called them. Still in dispatch. They ‘might’ get it out today. And no they can’t put it on a faster delivery even though it’s still with them a week after ordering and paying for it. It ‘should’ arrive next week. Bl@@dy useless. Could have ordered from dozens of other places. Shan’t use them again.

Might have been tempted to tell them to cancel the order and get from elsewhere anyway..

And apparently the reason is that ‘they have a lot of orders to process’. Well of course you do. That’s your one job!

Apologies for continual hijack of your thread Erebus but just to follow this up I called Craddock today and surprise surprise ten days later it still hasn’t left them, though the more helpful chap I spoke to today did at least offer to ship it 24hrs so I should finally receive tomorrow. Won’t hold my breath though.

No need to apologise. Hijacks always welcome haha. I too am still waiting for a reply to my several emails asking for the missing hub seal and some sort of response regarding a refund for those shocking cylinders!

Have now received notification from Parcelforce that it is on its way. No idea why it took 10 days to leave them. Good luck to them if their so busy they can’t cope with demand, but with a product that is available from dozens of suppliers you’d think they’d protect their reputation better. Their online reviews are horrendous. I tend to buy most stuff from eBay sellers these days. As cheap as most and postage is normally cheap, or free and always quick delivery. As it happens I ordered a few odds and sods last night. Mig tips, gaskets, fuel filler hose and so on. All was marked as shipped before I got to work at 8am this morning! I don’t write bad reviews online (excepting this thread). Can’t be bothered, just take my business elsewhere. eBay and LRSeries from now on.

Hate to say it but its one of the reasons i buy ever more bits from ebay, the service is better because the negative feed backs really fucks a seller up. That said, paddocks have always done right by me so far. Used craddocks a fair bit on the gearbox rebuild as paddocks simply have few of the bits i needed listed and again no complaints. That said i generally try to order stuff well in advance of needing it, try to keep a set of hoses in stock, at least all the bits for a service, some odd lights a assortment of bushes and split pins for the shocks and some shock - drop link bolts. Also try and keep a set of brake shoes and springs to hand and generally any odd seals i will often get a spare in-case i mangle one on fitting. All told probably a few hundred quid in bits, but oh so worth it when you need em.

If i know im doing something major i will try and always start getting the bits in about 1 month ahead of time. Landrover is my main buisness transport, so if it's down im not earning hence i very much try and keep on top of things. Lose 3-4 days and i can be out a grand easy if things land wrong.

Hate to say it but its one of the reasons i buy ever more bits from ebay, the service is better because the negative feed backs really fucks a seller up. That said, paddocks have always done right by me so far. Used craddocks a fair bit on the gearbox rebuild as paddocks simply have few of the bits i needed listed and again no complaints. That said i generally try to order stuff well in advance of needing it, try to keep a set of hoses in stock, at least all the bits for a service, some odd lights a assortment of bushes and split pins for the shocks and some shock - drop link bolts. Also try and keep a set of brake shoes and springs to hand and generally any odd seals i will often get a spare in-case i mangle one on fitting. All told probably a few hundred quid in bits, but oh so worth it when you need em.

If i know im doing something major i will try and always start getting the bits in about 1 month ahead of time. Landrover is my main buisness transport, so if it's down im not earning hence i very much try and keep on top of things. Lose 3-4 days and i can be out a grand easy if things land wrong.
Same here, I have brake shoes, wheel cylinders, hub seals, a clutch master, track rod ends, wiper blades, a full set of new oil seals for my spare gearbox, not to mention a mountain of second-hand spares. It pays to be prepared.

I tend to have a stock of general parts too, use one, replace it. I replaced a bottom hose the other day, and the new one arrived in a box about 18"x10"x10"..... Most of their profit must go in packing!

Usually have all service items I need, and things like a spare starter, (actually, I think I have about 3) water pump, glow plugs, filters, set of brake shoes and springs. I don't keep new wheel cylinders in, I don't know how long the seals keep for in storage? Have gasket and seal sets, and a variety of other parts. You just never know.

Large jobs are planned well in advance!

I tend to have a stock of general parts too, use one, replace it. I replaced a bottom hose the other day, and the new one arrived in a box about 18"x10"x10"..... Most of their profit must go in packing!

Usually have all service items I need, and things like a spare starter, (actually, I think I have about 3) water pump, glow plugs, filters, set of brake shoes and springs. I don't keep new wheel cylinders in, I don't know how long the seals keep for in storage? Have gasket and seal sets, and a variety of other parts. You just never know.

Large jobs are planned well in advance!
I've wondered about how long rubber seals etc last myself but we used to have wheel cylinder kits in stock that stood on the shelves for years and didn't seem to deteriorate but that was years ago and we all know how rubber parts don't seem to be as good as they used to be.I keep everything in its original packing, sealed.

There's always something to worry about isn't there?

Back
Top Bottom