• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Camper conversion .

Paul d

Posting Guru
IMG_3346.jpeg

This is cool .

What I would love to know is, at what point did carrying and sleeping in a tent become such a bad idea when touring? It surely must have done for some squint eyed bod to suggest that carbuncle is a better solution. IMHO the World is trying way to hard to be luxurious. It is the hardships that make the memories. No-one ever says "hey do you remember all that floof and comfort in the vehicle whilst we toured through the Andes?", do they heck...

Ive done a fair bit of touring with tents, and also with various sizes of camper/motorhome etc.

On balance I prefer not having to pitch a tent in the p1ss1ng rain, sleep in a damp sleeping bag on stony ground, and then pack a load of wet tent away again in the morning.

Being able to rock up onto a site, cook and eat a meal in relative comfort while being entertained by all the soggy campers pitching tents and try to heat a can of beans on a Trangia is worth giving up a few of the memorable hardships!
:rofl:

We used to have a 16' square frame tent, could put that up and be set in under an hour.

Once took the rear diff out on a camp site in that tent, reversed it in and worked under cover.

The funniest thing to see is when folk don't realise that if they have a light on in their tent you can see pretty much everything that they are up to. šŸ¤£

Last year I was on a site and a defender from the Netherlands rocked up. He had awnings that folded out horizontal from front to back, and also one over the rear door. Trying to think of a descriptive image.... Like the wings on chitty chitty bang bang? Or the batmobile...

Yes, like this,

Screenshot_20240221-112115.png

but full length of the roof coming out at right angles, hinged at the back.

Back
Top Bottom