• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Check Engine light on

peter1955

In Second Gear
I have a range rover 3.6 TDV8 and have recently had a reduced performance coming up from time to time, but now today I have the check engine light on. I haven't got a test meter to plug in so I called the Green flag people as I have full breakdown cover. He plugged his test box in and came up with the code P0405-21 to do with the EGR valve (sounds expensive). But since he has reset the light has not yet come on. Should I assume it was a glitch or do I have to worry about it coming back. I read the user handbook and it says if the light comes on do not drive too fast and go straight to the nearest garage. Has anyone else had same or similar, Oh forgot to say ita a 2010 model really nice drive with 97k on the clock.

EGR valves are not expensive, and do 'soot up' over time and stick / fail. you can find 2nd hand ones for 20 - 30 quid, but you would be better off with new genuine parts. I would get it diagnosed properly and if needed get them ( 1 each side ) done.
cheers, Ian.

Back
Top Bottom