• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Defender 2009 2.4 Tdci Pulling Weight

Parr25

Shifting Up
Need to pick up a digger with my 2009 Defender 90 2.4 Tdci. Google says it can tow up to 3500kg. The digger is only a little 3 tonner and then 2 buckets but was wondering if anyone has any experience of towing a fair bit of weight behind them and how she performs. Thanks again

Need to pick up a digger with my 2009 Defender 90 2.4 Tdci. Google says it can tow up to 3500kg. The digger is only a little 3 tonner and then 2 buckets but was wondering if anyone has any experience of towing a fair bit of weight behind them and how she performs. Thanks again
Remember to include the weight of the trailer. One that can carry a 3t digger could well be 800-900kg itself which limits you to 26-2700kg of load.
Otherwise, the 90 is a good tow truck. Check your fluids and that your rad is clear of muck that might reduce cooling effects.

Remember to include the weight of the trailer. One that can carry a 3t digger could well be 800-900kg itself which limits you to 26-2700kg of load.
Otherwise, the 90 is a good tow truck. Check your fluids and that your rad is clear of muck that might reduce cooling effects.
Brilliant thank you

just a heads up the total pay load inclusive of trailer can be upto 3500kgs I was told by an ex vosa officer keep the trailer clean ie no buckets shovels tubs of fuel etc I always carried buckets in the vehicle made sure well strapped no issues towing no vosa problems and to be squeaky clean register vehicle in your personal name not business otherwise you need a tacho if you dont have a tacho keep a small diary and log your towing journeys dates miles time etc

Thanks for all the help ended up towing a net of 4.3 tons up northern country side roads and very very steep hills and she ripped another arse hole in it. What a beast no issues what so ever. No over heating no clutch slipping not a jot. Although I had sweat dripping off my face and would not like to rush to do it again, if anyone like myself was concerned about towing weight behind a defender I wouldn’t.

Back
Top Bottom