• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Defender 90 rear door does not open using key fob

denzilsdad

In Fourth Gear
Morning all, hope everyone is well and happy. My 90 has developed an issue. It used to lock/unlock all doors from the fob and the keys, however now it locks/unlocks both front doors but not the back door, it has to be manually unlocked with the key. Last weekend I removed the spare wheel and replaced all three hinges, but I'm certain this has nothing to do with it and have also replaced the fob batteries recently. Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks, Nick.

The actuator is on the door near the wiper motor. A rod off this goes to the right hand top corner onto a cam. Another shorter rod goes from there, down into the lock.
Take off the door trim and you can see this. The actuator has 12v applied across it, just a short pulse as you press the fob button. The polarity is swapped between lock and unlock. If you have a voltmeter you can pull the connector off the actuator and test to see if the voltage is getting that far.

the two read doors of my 110 stopped opening with the central locking , after pulling the rubber protection back on the hinge point the wire had parted. Check the wire loom up from behind the rear right light cluster and see if a wire as parted that controls the actuator.

Thanks all for the advice and especially the wise words regarding assumptions. It will give me something to do at the weekend.
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Didn't get around to it at the weekend, however was bored earlier, so hosed down the back door lock with silicon WD40 and all is now good with the world and the rear door operates again on remote lock/unlock.

Back
Top Bottom