• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Diesel Engine, authentic or not.

Barry Mc

In Second Gear
is there any was I can tell if my diesel engine is the original one. Original Reg. is NWD564M (now on an Irish ZV number Plate). On plate on the drivers side of seat it says its a petrol. 1st reg in Sept 1973, I bought it in August 2012.

Thanks for your reply, I was told that maybe the plate isn't genuine. Is there anyway I can establish from the original reg. no if it was a petrol or diesel. I would also be interested to find out what area of Britian that reg was allocated to. I'm just new to the land rover scene. Thanks again for the reply.

is there any was I can tell if my diesel engine is the original one. Original Reg. is NWD564M (now on an Irish ZV number Plate). On plate on the drivers side of seat it says its a petrol. 1st reg in Sept 1973, I bought it in August 2012.

Try this ...you might be lucky mate ;) http://www.clifton.nl/index.html?calvin.html

Failing that contact Gaydon who will for a fee possibly find your vehicles original build records

I have the Landrover Series 3 specification guide by James Martin. It gives the chassis number sequences for various models. Don't post up your chassis number but if you can tell me if its a 88" or 109", station wagon or utility model and I can post up the relevant sequence numbers which will allow you to see if it relates to petrol or doozil.

EG.

If yours is a 88" home market model, made between 1971 & 75, the chassis number will be between:

906- 00001A to 906-07270A (DIESEL)

901-00001A to 901-11900A (PETROL)

Station wagons and 109 models have different range of numbers

Feel free to PM me if you want and i'll see what I can find

Thanks for the info, my chassis no. is 901#### and my engine no. is 9064#### so I guess I have a bit of both. Previous owner ran it on a mix of diesel and veg oil so at least its cheaper than petrol. Thanks again for the replies.

Thanks for the info, my chassis no. is 901#### and my engine no. is 9064#### so I guess I have a bit of both. Previous owner ran it on a mix of diesel and veg oil so at least its cheaper than petrol. Thanks again for the replies.

I'll check the records when I get home this evening again. The chassis number also represents what type engine was originally fitted by its coding

you can get the build data for your land rover eh.
i might try that as well as im still not 100 sure when my 2a was built, i believe it was built in 1963.

Tony.

Back
Top Bottom