• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Disco 3 Heater Blower Not Working ?

csgsimon

First Gear
Can anyone please shed any light on the problem with my 2005 discovery 3 tdv6 se.The heater controls all light up but the heater blower isnt working.The lights around the control light up as you turn the control but nothing happens.thankyou just hoping its something simple or will have to book it in at the local dealers.

Apparantly this is a difficult problem to solve. All the firmware has now been updated and that didn't help. I spoke to the previous owner and he had given up after having it in 3 times. He wasn't sure if it was a LR dealership, so I have my fingers crossed that LR will fix it. They have it in today so we'll see. It was -16 here today so I would appreciate the heat :) :eek:

The trick I have found is to screw up the fan to max, then press off, and then Auto. After an average of 6 attempts, it starts! Give it time to start after you have pressed Auto.....:cool:

Just an update, the car is still in and they have now been in contact with LR Norway! Sounds like they are struggeling. I read on a forum here in Norway that another person had solved the problem by changing the relay. Could be something for you to try.

Got the car back and it seems to be sorted! They said it was the relay for the fan that was faulty. This also co-insides with the other comments I've seen on the forum over here. The service guy wasn't available when I picked the car so I never got to ask where it is located.....

Good luck!

Thanks very much for your comments, i will change the relay, hopefully this will sort the problem

did changing the relay sort the problem? and when you say 'Relay' do you mean FL12 (cartridge fuses in fusebox in engine compartment), because the relay in the same box with a fan symbol is for the engine fan, no...?

ok....this IS a common problem and it's usually just the Relay as stated above so don't let garages or anyone else send you in the direction of the fan control unit, software or anything else complicated until you've changed Realy 16. I was wrongly informed that Relay 16 was the engine fan so didn't try this for a while. (Even changed the fan control unit since there was one available to try and the dealer said it was usually that....)

Perhaps the word 'fan' doesn't help! Blower, ventilator, whatever would cause less confusion when reading manuals.

Found this thread when I had the same problem, checked the relay by swapping it with the one for the headlamp washers and bingo, picked up a new relay for a few quid and all good now. You guys saved me a lot of time and expense. Thanks!

Can anyone please shed any light on the problem with my 2005 discovery 3 tdv6 se.The heater controls all light up but the heater blower isnt working.The lights around the control light up as you turn the control but nothing happens.thankyou just hoping its something simple or will have to book it in at the local dealers.
Hi I’m having the same problem here can any body please help

Hi I’m having the same
I don’t have any lights on speed setting or temp settings or power going to any but the other press buttons are working can anybody help please

Back
Top Bottom