• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now
  • Hi Guest,

We restrict posting in the sales areas to members who have made more than 10 posts and been registered here for more than 10 days, this is to help reduce the amount of scammers and fraudsters who may join up for that purpose.

Once you meet the requirements you will be given the ability to post in here.

Expired Discover 1 V8i 1994 blue 5door mot may 2024

URX

Overdrive!
I have due to change of circumstances got a surplus of landrovers specifically a ‘spare’ discovery 1.

Its a 1994 5 door in plymouth blue….respectable paintwork from 10ish feet but its nearly 30 years old so weathering scratches chips minor dings etc as you’d expect. Its not entirely standard but its not wildly modified either.

Mot tll May 2024

Mileage showing 85k just less than..the speedo cluster was kph but has been converted to mph using some electronic add-in at some point.

It has terrafirma shocks all round, hd turrets, cranked arms heavy duty terrafirma steering bars and extended braided brake hoses. It rides maybe 2” higher than my std D2. There is a steering guard, tank guard and rock sliders fitted.
The exhaust is all new this year.
New tubular headers and o2 sensors fitted (in one of the videos)
The straight through stainless pipe ha dto come off as it made the whole damn car resonate like a drum.
A back box and linking pipes to headers makes for a much less sonorous drive. The stainless parts removed are included so you could fit it as a side body exit if you really wanted to.

Wheels have MT goodrich tyres with a little perishing showing but good tread on 5 freestyle alloys

It starts first time every time, idles easily ( a little high at circa 850-900 though)

The 4 speed autobox changes smoothly and had its fluids & filter etc done earlier this year. Similar timing to the engine service and repair of innner and outer sills.

For video of this in 3 episodes look up ‘tools n track’ on youtube and pick out the tow-bus episodes ( i ditched the mx5 seats for leather LR ones)

Aircon works

Fan works on all speeds

Nice alpine stereo cd with DAB bluetooth aux input usb input etc

Alpine speakers. New aerial fitted.

Grey leather 7 seater. The front seats are electric but they arent wired up as the originals were manual so an ES loom is needed to splice them in.

All electric windows work.

Central locking doesnt do anything at all …disconnected? Dunno haven’t investigated that one yet.

Heavy dury tight fitting steel bumpers , front will take a winch but none fitted.

Snorkel plumbed in.

Complete pack of new front rear light guards included

New Boot area side window rubbers included

I took us on the family holiday in September on a severl hundred mile round trip and no dramas or issues.

It has one annoying issue which is a leak into the drivers footwell…drips onto the mat
I think its coming in at the side of the windscreen so Ive got a complete set of new finishers which are included.
Ill see if i can cure this but no promises as time is short
I need this away asap as there isnt enough parking and its causing me some headaches
It cost me £1500 earlier this year …Ive spent at least 700 more
£1200 for a quick no hassle cash sale
Make someone a great vehicle

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom