• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Discovery 2 Washer Bottle Removal?

FatDegsy

First Gear
:confused:The front washer pump on my 2001 Discovery 2 TD5 has given up the ghost.

I've looked at the Haynes Manual and RAVE CD. Both suggest I need to remove the front grill and bumper to access the washer bottle.

Is this really necessary? Is there another way of accessing the washer pump so that I can replace it without stripping the front end of my Discovery?

:confused:The front washer pump on my 2001 Discovery 2 TD5 has given up the ghost.

I've looked at the Haynes Manual and RAVE CD. Both suggest I need to remove the front grill and bumper to access the washer bottle.

Is this really necessary? Is there another way of accessing the washer pump so that I can replace it without stripping the front end of my Discovery?

Method
Remove the splash shield (self tap screws) from the inner fender liner which is covering the washer tank. This will expose the pump and hose work of all two or three pumps (optional spec)
You can change each one, (inner one is a toughie) they are pushed into the tank through a ring seal/retainer.
The tank & pumps can be pulled out by removing the 6mm bolt which is holding a tank mounting ear to a support bracket that will mean removing the turn signal lamp flasher lamp--I use a wobbly 1/4 drive 10mm socket for the job. Removing the headlamp unit makes it even easier.
Dennis
zedcars
zedscars

Back
Top Bottom