• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Discovery 4 TDV6 goes BOOM!

Terence Coughlin

In Second Gear
Hi everyone, first post on the forum. Bought a 100k Discovery 4 TDV6, engine blew up after six month (rush hour, M25), still love it, what are my options?

So sorry to hear about your misfortune.
This thread might offer you some ideas.

Thanks for the quick reply Neil.
The engine blew a big cooling hose, dumped all the coolant and boiled the engine before I noticed the temperature gauge (awful display design ). I took it in for a possible head skim and rebuild but it's past repair.
The reason for the post was to ask if anyone could suggest the best replacement engine for her. If I'm going to spend money getting her up and running again I'd like to maybe improve her in some way; so that it feels like an upgrade, not a bloody expensive repair.
Any and all suggestions welcome. She's in excellent condition otherwise, looks like new (which makes it all the more annoying).
Thanks in advance
Terence

Back
Top Bottom