• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Drivers Window Stuck Down.

PepperPam

In Second Gear
Thank-you for accepting me to the forum. Looking for a solution. 2011 Freelander 11 TD4. Drivers power window started messing about closing. Always powered down fine. Powered up if you didnt put it fully down. If you banged the door while pulling the switch it would come up fine. Yesterday I stupidly put it right down by mistake, and it didn't come up. Husband is an electrician so he took the door card off and inspected the switch. Window started working. Then, as he put the door back together again, he put the Window down and it stayed down. Checked fuse. Changed switches over. Did some other stuff. He says the motor has power and the switch is good. No scrunching or whirring, just switch makes a click when operated. After reading all the posts on here, he thinks it might be the regulator. But heres the thing. We CANNOT get the drivers Window up. So can't get at the regulator. We have no other car at the moment and need to get the window up in this lovely spring weather ! We've tried everything (except cutting the door to pieces as one YouTube 'expert' did) including one person holding switch up while 2 others pull on window with pliers. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Copied this off another forum which might help
Lazy window function, normally when you press and hold the button, should do the windows up as well if you press and hold the lock button, that's what happens on my range rover, same principle I would imagine
worn button remote was another thing mentioned

Copied this off another forum which might help
Lazy window function, normally when you press and hold the button, should do the windows up as well if you press and hold the lock button, that's what happens on my range rover, same principle I would imagine
worn button remote was another thing mentioned
Thank you yes we tried that but I'm afraid no luck. The problem turned out to be motor failure due to the wire jamming in the motor. No way to get at it while glass is down tho. Trying to bring up glass manually resulted in broken window and 3 swearing men. Door swathed in plastic now while waiting for replacement window and motor from breakers.

Disconnected your battery get other battery with 2 wires, connect earth to motor, undo the plug to motor touch positive wire to each terminal at a time NOT the earth one it will spark, should go up when you get the correct terminal

Back
Top Bottom