• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Driving rules in France

Few years ago was driving into Dublin on the motorway early one morning, and an Alfa went past me like I was stopped. Thought "he's caning it on a bit". 2 seconds later a Nissan Skyline goes past, lit, and I ment LIT. About 2 miles further on, the Alfa's pulled in at the side of the hard shoulder, with the skyline sitting behind him, with the blue strobes running, and a Garda with the biggest smile on his face walking towards the Alfa - already writing in the book!

Nothing however in my experience, beats the experience of being overtaken in your Fiat 500, in the tunnels around Monaco by 2 Ferrari, followed by a Transcontinental R that sounded like a 747 on steroids!

I remember being in the Limehouse link tunnel (London) when a Ferrari came past, slowed almost to a standstill, floored it and took off, only to do it again about 100 yards later and so on until we had cleared the tunnel. I think the nicest sounding standard exhaust I have ever heard is the Alvis Stalwart. A not too quiet straight 8 Rolls Royce. It comes complete with the sheet of flame effect on gear changes when warmed up as well. :army-biggrin:

I know there's 100 reasons why its a stupid idea, but I'd love to convert a Stalwart to a camper. The idea of camping by a lake or river them driving off into the water is just amazing.

Back
Top Bottom