• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

EV temporarily unavailable

chrisstockham

First Gear
Evening all
My P300e has started saying EV temporarily unavailable? The outside temperature is about 10 degrees and the battery is fully charged. It works in EV for about 3 miles then it is unavailable, get to work and then drive home all.is well for a while then the same? And ideas as the local dealership has not got a clue.

Could be heating load, brake vacuum, 12V battery SoC, electric motor temperature, PTC heater load or internal resistance, HV insulation resistance or any number of Go/No-Go parameters. A fault code will only be set if there is actually a fault as opposed to a monitored parameter preventing it. I'm assuming they've checked software is current, no DTC's stored and cell voltages in balance? If so, and no concerns are identified, then they need to be doing a similar journey, replicating the conditions (heating load, electrical accessories etc.) whilst monitoring the control parameters to see which ones are going from OK to NOK. It's easy - I know it's easy because I have similar jobs (for a different brand) every week, it just takes time and observation. You need to be insisting the root cause is identified and gets resolved.

There are so many things that will stop the EV going into ready mode that its hard to get direction with no fault codes present. As mentioned above if a parameter is in range but preventing the EV coming online then it will not set a fault code. If Main dealers are struggling I recommend finding a garage that is listed on the HEVRA website. Basically if its on there they have done their training to an appropriate level for EV fault finding which often surpasses the main dealers training

If you do get some more information come back and update us and we will help if you can. I am level 4 qualified and listed on the Hevra site.

Back
Top Bottom