• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Expedition plan

Chimaera501

Accelerating Away
Hi guys I’m new to the forum but would like to ask all your advice for those who have been on an expedition in a landrover.

I bought a landrover series 2a 109 back in April when someone gave up trying to restore it so basically every panel on it is new or off a different landrover as the guy before me had it since it was new and made it look more like a series 3 then a defender hybrid, while I’ve just made it look completely like it was when it left the factory.

I’ve recently just finished doing this and would love to take it out to America and travel across America with it. I was wanting to know what bits I should take with me such as replacement parts or tools that I may need as it may brake down. I have a sankey BDR trailer as well kitted out for tools so I’ll just throw everything in I have but no clue about landrover bits that may break or go while I’m going across America.

Also if anyone has been to America do you know anywhere worth going to and seeing. I’m not scared of off-roading in my landrover so only as I love going off-roading here in the UK.

What do you guys think of an extra fuel tank? Or extra fuel on the outside of the vehicle?

Many thanks, Aaron

I would try making contact with a Land Rover club or forum which is US based as they will have far more local knowledge that most people on here (we have a few members over the pond).

I think importing a trailorload of parts into the USA, even temporarily, is going to be a massive PITA (and expensive to ship).

I doubt many parts suppliers over there will have parts for anything earlier than Defender, so make contact with at least one supplier over here who has the parts and experience of shipping Internationally (I know Paddocks do, Im sure there are others).

There is no shortage of filling stations in the USA, unless you plan on going seriously off road, and even then I would think that jerry cans would be easier/cheaper than fitting extra fuel tanks.

I would try making contact with a Land Rover club or forum which is US based as they will have far more local knowledge that most people on here (we have a few members over the pond).

I think importing a trailorload of parts into the USA, even temporarily, is going to be a massive PITA (and expensive to ship).

I doubt many parts suppliers over there will have parts for anything earlier than Defender, so make contact with at least one supplier over here who has the parts and experience of shipping Internationally (I know Paddocks do, Im sure there are others).

There is no shortage of filling stations in the USA, unless you plan on going seriously off road, and even then I would think that jerry cans would be easier/cheaper than fitting extra fuel tanks.
Right okay thank you I’ll try and make contact with some people in the US to see what’s over there. Many thanks

Britcar have been excellent in supplying parts to me in South Africa, so will clearly send anywhere in the world. They have an online chat to help you identify the correct parts too, they will look up from your description and put a picture from the parts catalogue up on the chat for you to confirm.

Almost like going there and dealing with someone at the counter.

Britcar have been excellent in supplying parts to me in South Africa, so will clearly send anywhere in the world. They have an online chat to help you identify the correct parts too, they will look up from your description and put a picture from the parts catalogue up on the chat for you to confirm.

Almost like going there and dealing with someone at the counter.
Oh wow that’s brilliant thank you I’ll definitely try and be in contact with them 👍

Back
Top Bottom