• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Extra Key with FOB

ammark

First Gear
Hello,

I am based in Birmingham and I bought a second hand land rover discovery 2006, which came only with 1 key fob. I want to get a spare one, but the LR agency quoted me a price close to £250 mark. I want to get it done for much cheaper than that. What are my options?

Thanks
Ammar

I have just bought one off ebay but it hasn't arrived and so can't tell you whether it is a successful thing to do. It is a blank key with electronics for about £30. I will then need to have it cut at a key cutting booth and also have it programmed by someone with a diagnostic system. I don't know the cost of either (key cutting £5?). Any decent LR independent dealer should have the diagnostic system that could program the chip on the key and so I don't think that you have to pay £250. Take care about the very cheap ones £2.50 - they don't have any electronics inside the key fob.

Back
Top Bottom