• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Fitting hazard lights to a series 3

dunc220

Accelerating Away
Hi all
I want to fit hazard lights to my series 3, I've got the switch and centre panel, I've brought the loom from auto sparks, does anyone know what wire goes where?

IME it all rather depends on the type of flasher relay you already have.
The old fashioned early type could only flash 2 indicators at a time whereas newer ones flash 4 or 6 indicators.
Have a look on the side of the indicator relay, it should tell you.
FYI 1 indictor lamp = 21 watts.

Assuming you have the correct relay (rating) you can very quickly create hazard lights by soldering in 2 diodes and a single through switch. Basically you can then connect all four corners to the relay through the switch while maintaining the ability to connect each side through the indicator stalk.

hazzard light circuit.jpg
like so

not second guessing the reasoning for fitting hazard circuitry, but for info, not legal requirement for vehicles manufactured before april 1986

Back
Top Bottom