• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

freelander rear tailgate motor replacement

LandiAndy

In Third Gear
Hi, The rear window wont drop on my 1998 freelander when the tailgate unlocks, window works fine on the centre console switch so i can lower it that way to open the tailgate.
I have tried relay, checked cable tension and wiring etc and have concluded that its the motor that's at fault. Has anyone ever just swapped the motor out with the rest of the mechanism in situ, or do i need to replace the whole mechansim?

If the window drops and lifts on the centre console switch it cannot be the motor at fault!
Much more likely to be the switch in the door handle.

I have checked out the switch and all the associated wiring and its all fine.

i read on another forum that the motor has a switch (pair of phosphar bronze contacts) in it, that controls the window's initial drop so you can open the door, and the person was having the same issues as me, swapped the whole assembly including new motor and it was fixed.
i would rather just swap out the motor in situ if possible, hence my question.
Is it possible to just swap out the motor?

Back
Top Bottom