• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

freelander1 td4 2inch lift kit 15mm wheel spacers 16inch rim with 235\70\16

bitz n bobz

In Second Gear
new to owning a modded 4x4 just wanting to know a little about if the setup is ok and is there an upgrade i can do to my diffs and prop bearings ect to help them take more abuse

Also here -

My understanding is that, with the 2-inch lift, your weakest points are going to be the CV joints on the drive shafts, since they will be working at increased angles from the norm.
The prop bearings on either side of the VCU wont be affected by any body lift.
Neither will the UC attachment points to the IRD output and the rear diff.

I remember seeing an article, I think it was in LRO, that showed a limited-slip differential being fitted into the IRD, this apparently allowed better traction whilst avoiding the Traction Control issues, whereby the TC only kicks in after wheelspin has been detected by the ABS system after at least 5 revolutions of the wheel, which is why you should maintain engine revolutions for longer than feels right :)

Your tyre choice seems reasonable since you have the spacers. Though I suspect you may find some rubbing of the inboard side of the front wheel arches at full lock.

Also here -

My understanding is that, with the 2-inch lift, your weakest points are going to be the CV joints on the drive shafts, since they will be working at increased angles from the norm.
The prop bearings on either side of the VCU wont be affected by any body lift.
Neither will the UC attachment points to the IRD output and the rear diff.

I remember seeing an article, I think it was in LRO, that showed a limited-slip differential being fitted into the IRD, this apparently allowed better traction whilst avoiding the Traction Control issues, whereby the TC only kicks in after wheelspin has been detected by the ABS system after at least 5 revolutions of the wheel, which is why you should maintain engine revolutions for longer than feels right :)

Your tyre choice seems reasonable since you have the spacers. Though I suspect you may find some rubbing of the inboard side of the front wheel arches at full lock.
ok thanks much appreciated useful info there and yes your right about the tyres i need to cut a little plastic away.
driveshafts cv all good just wondering what the little grind is every now and then more so when I'm coming to a stop

i fort it was a good idea so i bought a donor car too i suppose once everything done and maintained they are good vehicles

Back
Top Bottom