• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Great video on TDV6 engine failure.

Plus 1 as indeed I often wonder if JLR see the multitude of videos regarding these engines , they certainly can’t be doing them any favours that’s for sure

also with the introduction of this possible ULEZ expansion diesels seem to be dropping in price around here, alas petrols now going up in price

dream motor would be a D4 fitted with a 5.0 litre petrol V8 seeing I do low mileage each year , but well out my price range of over 25k , makes u laugh that the government pushed diesels but now it’s petrols

fingers crossed the ULEZ expansion doesn’t happen seeing it will affect so many people , beggars belief there going to include Heathrow as an ultra low emission area

Problem with this country is unlike France where everyone comes out in protest and causes absolute chaos.
We seem to let the government get away with things .you get small fragments of protesting but not enough to make a difference and for them to stand up and take notice ..
Plus 1 as indeed I often wonder if JLR see the multitude of videos regarding these engines , they certainly can’t be doing them any favours that’s for sure

also with the introduction of this possible ULEZ expansion diesels seem to be dropping in price around here, alas petrols now going up in price

dream motor would be a D4 fitted with a 5.0 litre petrol V8 seeing I do low mileage each year , but well out my price range of over 25k , makes u laugh that the government pushed diesels but now it’s petrols

fingers crossed the ULEZ expansion doesn’t happen seeing it will affect so many people , beggars belief there going to include Heathrow as an ultra low emission area

Problem with this country is unlike France where everyone comes out in protest and causes absolute chaos.
We seem to let the government get away with things .you get small fragments of protesting but not enough to make a difference and for them to stand up and take notice ..

Indeed , it seems the larger the institution the more they can get away with things

was interesting with regards to the shell oil hole sizing where one shell was bigger than the other , not knowing I would have fitted the same size as the block but see that’s not correct with him mentioning it will upset the oil distribution

This episode is really interesting. He does a really valuable analysis of failures / mileage and residual values that should be mandatory viewing for anyone about to spend more than £10k on a used Discovery or RR with this engine.

Well they've finished it, as usual with good humuor and happy through out, even when things go wrong. For 99.9% of the population a broken crank would be a disaster, but for these two it s a chance for some family time. I watch in awe.

Back
Top Bottom