• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Happy valley 4x4 kent ..

I should imagine a standard set up wouldn’t allow the axle to articulate as much as modified so you wouldn’t need Dislocation cones ….
The springs are Only held in at the bottom that’s why you need them with say a 2 inch lift and longer shocks etc .saves them popping out .
I have them on mine .
View attachment 418582
Thanks Paul.. I had wondered when I saw these sort of things advertised.. And was also thinking that if a standard set up allowed that to happen it's not really great design..

I have got std hight & a ARB,but still flexed enough to pop the spring out ! The cones just allow them to reseat,over uneven ground the axles will cross up.
The springs are meant to pop out, if they didn't it would shake the cab more.
I was watching Paul D in his,they popped out 3+ inches of dislocation. Clank clunk as he went past.

Back
Top Bottom