• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Harry's Challenge

spencer

Accelerating Away
Well, nice to see that you can actually get a good thread going. So here's another for you.
About a year ago, the wife and I decided to get a dog from the council pound. Harry as he is now known (although his real name may be Doris as he'll come running to that), was alledgedly fully grown. However he doubles in size every couple of months and he's a regular B'stard!
He's a Lurcher (Greyhound/Pointer cross) and never knows whether to chase a rabbit or to point at it. This causes him some personal distress and so he has taken to comfort eating.
But normal food stuffs are not comforting enough. Harry has taken to eating bigger things.
One day I came home from work to find that H had eaten the apple tree but left the apples. Nice. First dog into space without the aid of a rocket!
But then, as if to add to the debate about British cars V Leyland Cars, Harry ate my wife's MG Midget. Naturally H has been to the moon without a rocket several times now.
And so, to the point........

Harry is now ready to take on a serious challenge.
He wants a Series 2/2a and a Series 3 left in the back yard for a morning.
The betting has started and we've stopped taking money on the Series 3 to survive!

If trees and cars go in one end what the hell comes out the other??

Just what does a recycled MG Midget look like.....is it an improvement on its previous looks?

Just an update on Harry.
Harry's eating habits have been getting worse since the baby arrived 6 months ago. The latest thing was that he swallowed a whole golf ball. I was tempted to stand behind him with a golf club, waiting for him to pass it and then whack it back in.
I shall miss the old fella, but sadly we had to find him a new home before he ate ours. We loved him like a son but he wasn't getting enough attention hence the eating disorder.
He's now living in Milford Haven with some people who have a lot of land and other animals. The latest report is that he's doing fine and has taken to rolling in every type of countryside shite he can find.
I'm glad he's got a great new life and so I shall raise my glass to my mate H.

Milford Haven - I live there! - will I know the person he went to?

The sensible money is on the SIII for easy devouring - mine had been usead as a kennel before I bought it and the dogs made short work of the dash padding, the rotten steel inside it, the wiring, the tyres, the seats, parts of the intermediate bulkhead, parts of the seat-box, the belts, door handles, steering wheel, switchgear/instruments.....

Marko

I'm not sure what the surname of his new owners are but they are called Andree and Mickey. They travelled up to us to get him in a Mitsubishi Colt I believe. It would seem that they live in a new house where there are fields around them as they look after horses and the like.
If you look at the thread entitled H Boy you'll see what he looks like - except that he's twice the size now.
Nice to hear from you mate! Tara for now.....

Auntie Bella

ARIZONA IRISH MUSIC SOCIETY
SONGS

AUNTIE BELLA

Ever since the day ma dug ate Auntie Bella
I've been wondering just what kind of dug I've got,
For it grew up awfy big and tawny yella,
Wi a great big hairy collar round its throat.
It was just a little pup the night I picked it up;
It was wandering in the dark near a place called Calder Park -
And when people see me coming they shout "Lion!"
But I've never told a lie in all ma life.

Ever since the day ma dug ate Auntie Bella,
Things have happened in a way you won't believe.
Can A clap your dug said one wee friendly fellow;
Noo he runs aboot wi naething up his sleeve.
And when I'm signin on the Broo there's niver any queue
The man says don't come doon, we'll send yer money roon...
And when people see me coming they shout "Lion!"

Ever since ma dug had Auntie for its dinner
I've been taking money off these racing mugs;
Down at Shawfield track my Fido's aye the winner,
But the trouble is, they're running short o dugs.
And when the butcher for a bet gave a sheep heid tae ma pet,
He gave a strangled yell when it chewed his heid as well -
And when people see me coming they shout "Lion!",

Now I've been to France and Spain and Portobello
I've been moved on by the polis many times;
And when it rains I carry my umbrello,
But I only mention that because it rhymes.
So if you think I'm telling lies, you're in for a surprise,
If you hear a terrible roar, there's nae use bolting for the door
Or climbing on a chair, jist git doon and say your prayers -
For I've never told a lie in all my life.

Back
Top Bottom